Jump to content
MakeWebGames

Magictallguy

Administrators
  • Posts

    2,150
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    153

Everything posted by Magictallguy

  1. Running multi-PHP versions side-by-side is possible. Getting relevant information now Addition; while I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term replacement, a "shim" can be a very useful tool while migrating versions. In this case, a PHP5.4 shim would allow you to continue running 5.4 code on a 7 system. Update: MWG does support PHP5.4! (along with 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 - at the time of writing)
  2. If @gamble's solution isn't any good for you, I've seen this in use in the past
  3. You've misunderstood a joke and taken it as attitude, then a position check. Nice. I'm sooo inclined to actually help you now. Back when I was coding on a phone, I used Droid-Edit. It allowed console access for locally-running scripts. Failing that, head to about:debug in a Chromium-based Android browser to access console output
  4. Relatively certain his statement was directed to me - similar sentiment from me though
  5. Lol @ you @Sim Not only the wrong word for the intended meaning, but a word from Old and Middle English; suggesting it's simply not in use anymore. That's the trouble with using older language - contexts are different. How about stop being a young me and drop the attitude; it ain't gonna help you in this world
  6. To add on to SRB's statement; in some setups, it may be necessary to parse the JSON string into an object before JS will let you use it as such. let scavengeData = JSON.parse(data); alert(scavengeData[0].amount);
  7. Ah, they use cPanel. Also, welcome to the forum. I'll message you directly and prevent derailing your intro thread 🙂
  8. "Scheduled Jobs"? Are you running on Plesk?
  9. If I'm reading that right, you should be able to access the `amount` key (presumably repurposed to a context of "days" if applicable) like a standard array. data[0].amount Edit; which I see you've tried. In what format is `data`? Is it a JSON string, or something else?
  10. Your setTimeout call. If memory serves correctly, you don't need to add the parenthesis for the callable function setTimeout('showScavageResults', 1000);
  11. Debugging is too old skool! Dubuging shall rise!
  12. "dubuging" is my favourite developer's pasttime
  13. Ya know; if you used the code tags built into the forum, you'd see your markup was broken.
  14. I remember experiencing this issue before in multiple other engines and almost every case came down to sessions. There was one or two cases where a token was being set before it was processed (invalidating the expected key before we could touch it) - check for duplicate calls to MCCv2's CSRF token generation function
  15. I work for a small number of sites on the same host and have not experienced this issue. Check your session handling
  16. Magictallguy

    jQuery

  17. Magictallguy

    jQuery

    ID DON'T NEED #! AAAAAAAAAA
  18. Magictallguy

    jQuery

    Put id="php__container" back into the div from which you removed it. Change the <a> tag id attributes - they don't need an octothorpe and they must be unique
  19. Magictallguy

    jQuery

    Restore the php__container ID to that div and alter your anchor IDs
  20. The .com was unavailable at the time
  21. Which kinda negates the point of a database.
  22. Ah, I see. Thinking scalability now; a simple boolean flag for "in use" is fine if you only have 1 non-standard use for an item. But what if, in the future, you decide to add something else that could also make use of the "in use" boolean? I can see that getting confusing to manage and potentially giving unexpected/unwanted results with the conflict. So, to keep with logic, you'd just add another bool, right? How many booleans are you going to be ultimately adding until moving data to a separate table just makes more sense? I'm not knocking your approach, in fact I quite like it. I merely wish to point out a potential flaw to future designs
  23. What about higher quantities? Your idea of setting a bool directly on inventory would work for single items, but quantities would be much harder to handle
×
×
  • Create New...