MakeWebGames

Why you code?

hamster01

Re: Why you code?

At home:

For the fun, it's like a "puzzle" for me, and I enjoy it ONLY if I try new things, for example to push the technology or my knowledge a bit further :-P

The income it may generate mainly pay for the cost it generate too, for example the income is used to pay the hosting bill of my own game.

At work:

Well, it's a work, and a good work. A lot of the times I re-use the knowledge I gained at home for professional uses.

Originally, it was a passion. I saw something, had a partner (co-owner) whom was good at supplying me with ideas and commands that I needed to build (with my input).

However, at this point, I am ready to quit. I've not found someone who's able to be online and "Tank it" with me and work as hard as possible to get it all set-up and "pimped out".

That, and I feel that I'm going to be very successful with my upcoming business venture, a restaurant that I'm opening with two of my adult friends. (Not to shift topic, if you want any info on it, I'll be one the primary chef at the second store in a couple years when it's out. First store I'll be head coordinator and one of the lead cooks. contact me for info :) )

Anyways, back to the topic. I'm not able to maintain interest, mostly because I get harassed for help without being paid. Got screwed too many times, so in turn I have a high skepticism of everyone else.

Actually. I am 99% sure I'm going to quit coding. :\

I am not a good coder , so i do not brag about my work , but i can make some simple mods. For me coding is just intresting , and uses some of my spare time up.

Same, im crap tbh, Learn a bit every now and then dont really try that hard, I allways forget bits too and find myself looking at google, But hey...who doesnt :wink:

I code to try and teach myself new things, understand the code more. :)

Learning PHP may open up a whole new world in I.T, but there are still things like:

UTF-8, Binary etc. that there is to learn.(I only know how to count in binary :P)

I am not a good coder , so i do not brag about my work , but i can make some simple mods. For me coding is just intresting , and uses some of my spare time up.

Same, im crap tbh, Learn a bit every now and then dont really try that hard, I allways forget bits too and find myself looking at google, But hey...who doesnt :wink:

I code to try and teach myself new things, understand the code more. :)

well i code if i have NOTHING else to do or if i see something i need/want that i can make or if someone requests something i can make for free or easy, but otherwise i dont really do much coding, im not crap at it though ;)

I code because it keeps my mind off of things. It has also came to me very easily. i found after a few weeks it was sometime better than drawing to pass time by, and the as suddenly as i started i made my first script and sold it. After the success of that i decided that coding was way more lucrative then designing and started doing it full time. i don't think i will ever quit as long as there are geeks to create more and more complex langs there will be learning how to use them and to make something new.

Gotta do something with the ideas i have, don't want my brain to explode.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite thing about coding is that there is always something new to learn no matter how much you know.

I'd have to agree 100% with that.

Unless, of course, you are decepti0n and just happen to know everything from birth.

:)

• 3 weeks later...