MakeWebGames

strang ' marks appearing

endo

Re: strang ' marks appearing

I'm sure someone can figure out why, but how is anyone going to figure it out without looking at the code?

For crying out loud lol

And if/when you do post the code, also post a sample of the added '''''

so that we can know where it's coming in at.

Edit:

By the way, I think you may be assuming that we're all working with a copy of mccodes and mise well just look at ours.

There's a flaw in that thinking, if you do in fact think that.

I don't use mccodes. And I doubt most people that are really good at coding will use mccodes. I coded my game completely from scratch, and Nyna, one of the better coders around here has coded her own stuff from scratch.

The second possible flaw in your thinking is that other people with mccodes have the same problem, and know how it should be fixed already. I'm sure there are those folks out there, but narrowing the list of possible people to answer your question to just those folks is sure to have you waiting a long time for an answer.

So, post your crime code, and you'll likely have an answer in a day or two. Or don't post it. doesn't matter to me. My game is bumping along nicely and there are no errors or "weird things" happening on it.

No longer a problem i decided id spend several hours to fix this myself and just made a brand new crime page instead as all i got from this is accusations of being an idiot. I do thank one person on here for saying check your mysql DB which i did and could not find the problem there but thank you very much anyway.

CLOSED!!

No longer a problem i decided id spend several hours to fix this myself and just made a brand new crime page instead as all i got from this is accusations of being an idiot. I do thank one person on here for saying check your mysql DB which i did and could not find the problem there but thank you very much anyway.

CLOSED!!

You are an idiot, you posted a silly question, how on earth are we supposed to know what was wrong? Not every mccode owner will have the same error as you. It may be something you've done in the past. Some of us don't even use mccode.

Next time just post the code with the errors in it, a lot easier.

Also, if you were prepared to waste a few hours and re-code a completely new crime page, then why bother even posting this question in the first place?

There's nothing wrong with your database. I had this same bug. In staff_crimes.php replace

Initial Text: <textarea rows=4 cols=40 name='crimeITEXT' />{$itemi['crimeITEXT']}'</textarea>

with

Initial Text: <textarea rows=4 cols=40 name='crimeITEXT' />{$itemi['crimeITEXT']}</textarea>

Notice the extra ' in the textarea.

Much easior that 'spending several hours to fix this myself!!' :-o :-D

posted a silly question

It's only a silly question to any one that's never had the problem. It makes perfect sense to any one that's had the problem, which is every one that uses version 2 and has tried editing a crime.

• 1 month later...

I was wrong to get in a stress over this sorry to anyone i offended was very early in the morning and i needed sleep but now its early in the morning again lol but reading over this i see how juvenile i acted i am sorry for any childish posts i made around the same time as this one and sorry again to anyone who i offended. Sorry.