MakeWebGames

A quick hello and a quick question :)

tasnet

Hi

I found CE site by accident and it has certainly "grabbed my attention" ;)

I am a total n00b when it comes to PHP but have enough knowledge to get by, so yes...fresh n00b meat to flame...lol. I have inherited a text/turn based game site and run other gaming community sites and really wanted to learn alot more to help the people who do the coding for those sites. So I arrived here and then on to the mccodes in their different formats and versions and realised that using them as a foundation and the obvious knowledge and skills here, I could start to learn in a hands on manner.

So...the question...lol..

Is the mccodes lite v101 the same as the V1 with alot of the 'mods' removed or is it fundamentally different? The reason I ask is the lite version would be perfect to get an idea of the code structure and then I could look at the V1 mods and code snippets here, to learn how to code them myself. I don't really want to run a game, just have it as a practice ground, and therefore don't want to purchase V1 or V2 as they seem too complete for what I want to do.

many thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Re: A quick hello and a quick question :)

Hi

I found CE site by accident and it has certainly "grabbed my attention" ;)

I am a total n00b when it comes to PHP but have enough knowledge to get by, so yes...fresh n00b meat to flame...lol. I have inherited a text/turn based game site and run other gaming community sites and really wanted to learn alot more to help the people who do the coding for those sites. So I arrived here and then on to the mccodes in their different formats and versions and realised that using them as a foundation and the obvious knowledge and skills here, I could start to learn in a hands on manner.

So...the question...lol..

Is the mccodes lite v101 the same as the V1 with alot of the 'mods' removed or is it fundamentally different? The reason I ask is the lite version would be perfect to get an idea of the code structure and then I could look at the V1 mods and code snippets here, to learn how to code them myself. I don't really want to run a game, just have it as a practice ground, and therefore don't want to purchase V1 or V2 as they seem too complete for what I want to do.

many thanks in advance

so i got mccodes lite i got a game on it u dont want v2 it dont have many mods just stay with lite for nowi can help u give u some mmods and stuff add me on msn [email protected] and we will talk there i also have a game in v2 and a custom game

Re: A quick hello and a quick question :)

so i got mccodes lite i got a game on it u dont want v2 it dont have many mods just stay with lite for nowi can help u give u some mmods and stuff add me on msn [email protected] and we will talk there i also have a game in v2 and a custom game

Give you some mods? Sounds fishy. Hopefully their not purchasable ones you do not own.

A warning for you tasnet, some guys will try to sell you DBS modifications what aren't theirs for fast easy money.

Make sure they have proof they actually created the mod / script.

Also if you ever go to buy v1 / v2, make sure to purchase off Dabomstew (Original creator).

DBS is not a good example, the coding is pretty poor and very insecure.

If you are too practice using lite, it has no security, so you'll have a lot of practice securing the code.

Adding and modifying pre-made mods is a good way to get with the grips of basic PHP tho.