MakeWebGames

Header.php [New/Imrpoved]

Delete !

Re: Header.php [New/Imrpoved]

I Had a feeling something would mbe missing although it was made in the space of 20 mins i didnt put enough effort into it im in the process of another atm thanks for pointing it out Ant :)

(I dont work on games so it would be impossible)

Guest Anonymous

Plus you might want to think about *why* you are display messages to the user re attempting to cheat..

Rule #1 in preventing any form of attack is never give the user *ANY* clue as to why their request failed. Why bother fed'ing them? No need.

If a cracker attempts to gain access but sees an error message - the message itself may contain valuable clues as to how to bypass the system. If they get fed'd, same thing. Simple to create another account and try a different avenue.

Oh, and

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Erm... Why? This operation is always heavy in database load AND web server load.

Try using SELECT COUNT(cc_userid) FROM cheater_catcher WHERE (cc_userid = ...); That returns only one piece of information - not a complete set of buffered rows, is therefore a lot faster and more efficient.

And me wonders if you really did make that, or found it on someone else's game you were working on, and "got" it from there..

And I won't even comment on that statement...

Anone else see anything fishy here?

Due To The Demand On 2nd Mainmenus I Decided To Make A Header Which Has The Feature And Alot More Replace Header.php withg The Following

I Decided To Make A Header

I Had a feeling something would mbe missing although it was made in the space of 20 mins

Your custom header, yet you dont know what would be missing ?