MakeWebGames

I want to make/own my own game, please help

NickH440

Hey guys, my name is Nick, I'm a highschool student from Newfoundland, Canada.

I've always liked playing these online games, I usually play the lesser known ones with fewer members so I can get ahead. All of my friends join and we play together. Lately we've been sick of the gangster/thug theme that most of these game take on. I've always wanted to make my own game like this, and I have a few ideas for a theme.

Problem is, I have very little experience, apart from multi hunting, creating items and giving out donator packs in these games.

Where can I buy a script or full game to, perferably one like this www.rednecksurvivor.com . Am I just wasting my time and money to try and get one of these up and running so I can have something to play with my friends.

Guest Anonymous

Re: I want to make/own my own game, please help

As stated in the posts before mine most these games are based off of mccodes...you can pretty much download the lite version for free then check out our free mod section here on the forums.

As you are new to coding I would suggest downloading lite and setting it up ...familiarize yourself with the code and read up on the forums here. The engine itself is good as a starting base but if you want to truly suceed in gaming then it will need some additions and work to secure the code. Most of the known bugs and issues are posted along with fixes...but it will be time consumming to read thru the material and posts.

Most of the coders on here started out much the same as you so...it is possible to learn and become proficient if you are willing to put in the effort. As Tezza stated you will need some basics in at least those 3 languages to make a go of it. Since you are a high school student Id suggest keeping your actual investment money wise to a minimum and learn as you go.

Good luck and welcome to CE. I could be wrong but I believe you are our first newf :) ... I live in NB.

Haha, I'm the first newf eh? thats awesome. Thanks for all the advice guys.

I'll start reading and familiarize myself with the material before I give it a go. If this does pan out, I hope to have a game up and running by the summer, I have 8 hours a day to kill at my summer job lol.

Thanks again.

PS. this site has so much stuff, I'm new to all of it, but it's great to read about all the work that goes into these games.

BTW, I'm thinking of an outdoors themed game, hunting , trapping, fishing in the wilderness, so far it's all in my head though.

Guest Anonymous

Haha, I'm the first newf eh? thats awesome. Thanks for all the advice guys.

I'll start reading and familiarize myself with the material before I give it a go. If this does pan out, I hope to have a game up and running by the summer, I have 8 hours a day to kill at my summer job lol.

Thanks again.

PS. this site has so much stuff, I'm new to all of it, but it's great to read about all the work that goes into these games.

BTW, I'm thinking of an outdoors themed game, hunting , trapping, fishing in the wilderness, so far it's all in my head though.

Sounds like a new twist for the theme...Id keep the ideas in your head til launch...no need for someone else to steal your ideas before you even get them released.

Simple answer to how hard is it to get a game up and running is: It's not that hard.

Slightly longer answer: Since your goal is to make something for you and your friends to play, and you're not trying to make 500k bucks the first year, you don't have to do anything but get a web host, and install a game engine.

You'll have a game ready to go right there.

Now, taking it to the next level and making it a phat game, that requires magic. Lots of time, energy, inspiration, knowledge.

Knowledge can be replaced with money if you have lots of that.

Simple answer to how hard is it to get a game up and running is: It's not that hard.

Slightly longer answer: Since your goal is to make something for you and your friends to play, and you're not trying to make 500k bucks the first year, you don't have to do anything but get a web host, and install a game engine.

You'll have a game ready to go right there.

Now, taking it to the next level and making it a phat game, that requires magic. Lots of time, energy, inspiration, knowledge.

Knowledge can be replaced with money if you have lots of that.

nicely spoken ...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nick, the posts above are all well said, and as an Ontarian I can agree that I do not recall any other newfs in CE.

If you do need help, there are many of us that would be glad to help (Some, as Floydian insinuated, cost money for more help). Overall, anyone with a "Coders Club" badge on CE are basically the go-to people if you need help... just remember that most of them will expect that you've already done all that you can to figure it out yourself before asking for help!

P.S. I just want to put this in there too.... :mrgreen:

instead of making a game you can build a full website or blog for games in one hour through the use of the 5000 games' codes that we provide at www.leengames.com just copy and paste the codes in any page of your website or blog as HTML and the games will be running

Stop spamming already.. We get it you have 1 of the millions of flash game portals out there. Thanks can you beat the 9500 I have on boredbreak.com guaranteed that 9400 are not dups. :)

TJ

instead of making a game you can build a full website or blog for games in one hour through the use of the 5000 games' codes that we provide at www.leengames.com just copy and paste the codes in any page of your website or blog as HTML and the games will be running

Its a good idea but dont you think the guy should learn abit of coding before he makes a game and not just copy and paste stuff :? nickh440 i think you should kearn coding and then make a game or just pay someone to help you make a game

Like Floyd said if you just want a game for you and your friends to play just upload a script and go.

But if you want a unique game that may or may not make you a lot of money be prepared to spent lots of time,energy,money and effort to make it and trust me it is frustating.