MakeWebGames

Good Hosts?

Isomerizer

Re: Good Hosts?

Yes, Decepti0n.

Thanks for looking up on the old one, gangstersterrtiory.com

As you would find my real domain isnt pointed to that.

You will find me and egor from siko hosting isnt that close.

And yes, sorry for having some knowledge of php.

I'm not a php god, but i do infact know my stuff.

the jfs account i only use for online testing, as i have a local linux comp to test it here.

For the other hosting i have, they are very good ;)

Anything else?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that make a difference? You still used them, and if your other hosting is very good why not just use it for testing instead of making your site look tacky with a free host?

I know you have some knowledge of php, im waiting to see anything where you're actually as good as you often claim to be and act. Show me something that doesn't take 6 mins or isn't taken off the net.

Aside from lamely using my last.fm chart style, I don't have anything really against me except that I haven't really seen you back up claims that you make.

But I can give you credit for spelling my name right for once

As you can think I would test it on that but infact i dont.

why: Doesnt work with crons, has different mysql settings, diffrent file settings.

And yea i changed my last style of last.fm, i had made my own but I figured that one looks better.

Please tell me if i missed the copyright text ;)

Yes see, I only saw it in detail now ;)

Vinyls post:

fwrtie($fo, "Old Name: $oname | New Name: $nname | IP: $ip | Userid: $userid");

here

$connection = $c
$source = $_POST['name'];
$myFilter = new InputFilter();
$source = $myFilter->safeSQL($source, $connection);

here

UPDATE `users` SET `thepage_lasttime`=UNIX_TIMESTAMP() WHER userid=$userdi

Same topic:

$lasttime=mysql_query("SELECT thepage_lasttime FROM users WHERE userid=$userid");
if ($lasttime < $lasttime+3600) {
die("Not enough time"); }

[Your entire proxy deny script in general wont work]

You also seem to think I don't know some things when i've already done it, such as the coding out crons business. And some of your posts are simply one word answers with no backing behind it, simply implying an air of knowledge that i haven't seen. If you know how to fix something or why something won't work, then say it. I know those ^^ are mostly small typos, but they can quite often lead to larger-scale fuckups, so there's no use posting code that doesn't work or will probably break unless clearly saying it might and to use caution etc

Btw, this topic is about hosting.

[Lastfm:] I dont care that its not copyrighted, at least say you're using it...don't just take all the colours and pretend like you're a genius for matching it to the forum

Vinyls post:

fwrtie($fo, "Old Name: $oname | New Name: $nname | IP: $ip | Userid: $userid");

here

$connection = $c
$source = $_POST['name'];
$myFilter = new InputFilter();
$source = $myFilter->safeSQL($source, $connection);

here

UPDATE `users` SET `thepage_lasttime`=UNIX_TIMESTAMP() WHER userid=$userdi

Same topic:

$lasttime=mysql_query("SELECT thepage_lasttime FROM users WHERE userid=$userid");
if ($lasttime < $lasttime+3600) {
die("Not enough time"); }

[Your entire proxy deny script in general wont work]

You also seem to think I don't know some things when i've already done it, such as the coding out crons business. And some of your posts are simply one word answers with no backing behind it, simply implying an air of knowledge that i haven't seen. If you know how to fix something or why something won't work, then say it. I know those ^^ are mostly small typos, but they can quite often lead to larger-scale fuckups, so there's no use posting code that doesn't work or will probably break unless clearly saying it might and to use caution etc

Btw, this topic is about hosting.

[Lastfm:] I dont care that its not copyrighted, at least say you're using it...don't just take all the colours and pretend like you're a genius for matching it to the forum

small typos yes.

I have never used a script without checking for typos, others should learn.

I type without double checking code, Yes.

DreamHost for hosting is best now :D they have there new Control Panel :D

and they have the best cron job feature ever (better than cpanel uses) gives mroe security

http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?229924

Enter [email protected] as your refferal

PROMO CODE: LG123

-- 10% bonus to the disk space of any plan signed up for with it!

-- 10% bonus to the monthly bandwidth of any plan signed up for with it!

AND!!

Monthly L1 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Yearly L1 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Two years L1 $30.00 DISCOUNT

Monthly L2 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Yearly L2 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Two years L2 $30.00 DISCOUNT

Monthly L3 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Yearly L3 $10.00 DISCOUNT

Two years L3 $30.00 DISCOUNT

and there plans are really cheap for what your getting :)

check them out!!

:mrgreen:

so your telling me that

Lv1 Lv2 Lv3 Lv4

Automatically Increases Weekly By: 1 GB 1.5 GB 2 GB 2.5 GB

Automatically Increases Weekly By: 16 GB 24 GB 32 GB 40 GB

ant a good deal :/

Save 50% today!

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY you can sign up for our "Code Monster" hosting plan at HALF PRICE! Plus, the sale price is good for AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THE PLAN!

But wait! There's more!

Prepay for two years of service on ANY of our hosting packages and you'll get the absolute best value! Not only will we waive the setup fee, but we'll also cut the price by 20%! Every two years when your account comes up for renewal, you'll continue to be charged the lower, discounted rate!

:?

Guest Anonymous

the deal has nothing to do with it, the fact is if they get any users that will actually use all the space and band given to them they will lose money cause they will have to buy new servers all the time. though if they have alot of space and band doesn't mean their tech support is worth much.

Heh, I just read through this topic, and as web host myself (We provide shared, reseller, and dedicated services... http://www.mambughost.com) I'd like to just say a few things...

1.) As Decepti0n has pointed out various times, if you see an offer that gives you hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth for low, low prices they are overselling. You, as a game owner should never take these offers. Why? If your game is at least semi-popular, you will notice speeds daily slowing down with the amount of traffic, and the resources you'll be consuming on their over-populated servers which claim to provide more than physically possible for their prices.

2.) Just attempt to go with a host which oversells and use all the resources, I can guarantee you - you can't without noticing either:

A - Performance dramatically declines

B - The system won't allow it

C - Your host will contact you with a 24 hour notice to leave their shared hosting and provide you with a dedicated server offer.

3.) Dedicated servers have nothing at all - and by at all i mean absolutely nothing to do with unique hits per day. Generally a website which generates unique hits in larger quantities will consume much more server usage, which adds to the performance problem on a shared server. You don't need a dedicated server if you have a "popular" website, just a solid, stable shared host who does not over-sell will work out fine for you.

4.) If you choose to get a dedicated server, understand this - which Decepti0n had pointed out earlier - they generally are unmanaged. OR you can pay much higher bucks for a server that is managed, or higher administrators to manage your server. Either route, it's generally more expensive that an unmanaged server. And if you have little or no Linux experience, I highly advised against getting an unmanaged server.

5.) Lunarpages (note, this is completely opinion biased) is becoming on the "well-known bad web host" directory. They are starting to advertise all over the place within their customer control panels, their service uptime has dropped lately, their little advertising schemes with resellers is just ridiculous.

And lastly, time for me to advertise. :)

I provide shared hosting as well, if you would like a quote or to setup a custom plan I would be able to accommodate you. Just some background information regarding our hosting...

-All of our servers and services are watched by uptime monitors, service monitors

-We have qualified staff onsite and offsite to fix any problems with the servers if they do occur

-We are located at one of the highest rated facilities world-wide with over 8 simultaneous bandwidth connections (Including but not limited to: Level 3 networks, Cogent, AT&T)

Thats all for now, and please keep this thread on-topic. I'd hate to report it for abuse and egotistic.

We do not backup our shared hosting. However, it is not standalone either. Our shared hosting provides multiple routes to different servers which each hosts individual users.

As for failing, we've yet to experience a problem we could not handle in a timely manner and get our clients online again.

Okay.

I guess your shared hosting client base isnt that big yet?

There goes another assumption. I won't release our information, however we have a fairly large client-base. However, part of your statement is true. We don't usually deal directly with shared clients, as most of our clients are resellers.