Good Hosts?

Isomerizer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Good Hosts?

I'm working with lunarpages.com

So far they are the most serious one I found, that also mean, if you start to eat too much resources on shared hosting they will want to stop you. This is a serious problem for game owners, but at the same time insure good quality hosting for the shared hosts. Right now I'm renting an annual dedicated server, and I'm really happy by their support and the quality of their network.

Shared Web Hosting

Shared web hosting is ideal for those who only wish to manage one website. Whether it be it a small personal website or a large online community with thousands of members, shared hosting from HostedFX will not let you down.

hostedfx....

Ive used shared web hosting before, isnt very good tbh....

im using hostedfx, $1.20 on the top pack if you use err...shit forgot the coupon, it might be 90GONE

shit! that site rocks!

i was gonna go for jazzyhost....virtuall private server(light)it costs $25 ....but i saw this and the gold one is only for $12...so lol i think am gonna go for the $12 one, but i want your opinions guys...what shall i choose?

anyone going to help me with this plz? deception...are you trying to say that i'm better off going with jazzyhost since its more expensive which means its reliable?

Just because you have dedicated hosting doesn't mean that you're any better off. For one, if it's unmanaged and you don't know what you're doing you could waste plenty of time configuring DNS, tweaking the .conf files and resolvers etc, and end up wasting more time that you could have spent working, that's why i went for shared. Someone else can take care of the server, besides, managed dedi's can go around $400 for a quality one. Unmanaged and reliable ones would be $100-$200.

Another thing, DeathStar, there's no need to call people young, or anything. You act like you have worlds of experience and so much maturity, and also unbelievable coding skill, and yet I was still able to easily deface your mail bbcode, and still haven't seen any evidence of it. Almost every code bit you post has typos or clear parse errors as well. On top of that, you have a site on justfreespace, and your GT nameservers are set to sikohosting.co.uk, one of the most hackjob host's I've seen (and most unreliable and destined to fail, aside from that servage-hosting)

You seem to hint at being basically legendary at this, and put others down, and say things are too easy, and yet you still haven't proved it. You hardly reply to anything I bring up, and seem to miss the fact that (eg) your proxy denyer won't work, and it's not hard to bypass, and yet you still promote yourself as being one of the best.

About hosting, I've always said that cheapest isn't best. Take a while to read some info on webhostingtalk.com, and you'll learn so much more. Places like Lunarpages and Dreamhost oversell their plans insanely, considering there's no way they could afford to keep a profit if people ACTUALLY used all of their allocated space for the price they pay. Everyone jumps at the cheapest price with the highest shit, and wonder's why they get shunted off their server for too much resource usage (re: everyone i've seen here almost). You get what you pay for, and both hosts i've used are more expensive and offer less than say LP, but I got awesome customer service, and excellent uptime.

Woah deception just pwnt.

Anyways, a while back i used siko hosting.. Was aload of crap. The person who was suppose to be customer support and help me, didnt have a clue what on earth he was doing, there c panel had loadsa bugs :S. They were down every now and then, they were slow, and lacked communication.