MakeWebGames

[mccode] Customisable Merit System [$15.00]

Akash

If any of you have played Torn City before, the you will know how the merit system works. If not, then let me explain. Basically, you have for example x merits on Torn City. You decide to use them all on a nerve, which is an incremental upgrade. This means when you upgrade the first time it costs 1 merit. Then the second time you upgrade it costs 2 merits, the third costs 3 and so on. You can go up to 10. Each time you upgrade, your nerve only increases by 1.

I have created a mod like this. The base file will cost $15. This file includes the incremental upgrades for Nerve, HP and all stats. It also contains non incremental upgrades, where you have a set price each time. The non-incermental upgrades are: +500 Will, a random weapon, and two items. However, I can add whatever you ask for, costing you an extra $3 per request. Instead of upgrading nerve, perhaps you would like a will/happy upgrade. So for each incremental upgrade, you get 10 will. Therefore, to upgrade to 10/10 it costs you 55 merits and you gain a total of 100 will. Or you could have me add something which credits a user with a random item for 10merits. Features like this can be added on request for the price mentioned above.

Here are some screenshots of the mod, and descriptions above each one.

This is what the Merit System will look like. The layout can be edited and is easy to do. The Incermental Upgrades are in one table, whilst the others are in a different one. You can ask me to edit the tables or names on request for no extra charge. The table tells the user, how many times they have upgraded, how much the next upgrade costs and what the upgrade is.

Merit1.jpg

When the user click on one of the Incremental Upgrade links, nerve in this example, they are taken to this screen. If they do not have enough merits, a message simply says You don't have enough merits. If they do, they receive their upgrade.

Merit2.jpg

This is an example of what happens after you have upgraded. I upgraded my nerve as you can see from the 5 nerve in Image 1 and 6 Nerve above. After upgrading, it now says 1/10 under upgraded, showing I have upgraded once. It now tells me I have to gain 2 merits to upgrade my nerve again.

Merit3.jpg

This simply shows the screen after I have upgraded a few things. I have put this here in order to prove that the system is working fully.

Merit4.jpg

The message that comes up when you purchase a Motivation Potion/Will.

Merit5.jpg

Motivation Potion is credited after being purchased.

Merit6.jpg

Purchased the +500 Motivation

Merit5.jpg

If anyone is interested and needs to know more details, add me on msn: [email protected] OR Pm me on CE. Any minor modifications needed, like changing names of the table or editing field names in the file can be done by me free of charge. Any modifications that are more time consuming can also be done for me, but we discuss the price. I charge low fees so for something major, I will charge from $3-$8.

Just so everyone knows, there will only be one PHP file called merits.php. But depending on the number of incermental upgrades you want e.g. if you have Nerve, Points and HP; you will have to add 3 SQL fields. Installation is simple, and can be done by me.

Re: Customisable Merit System ($15+)

Well I just happen to realise that the merit system that has already been made, is actually rather different. It works in a similar way to the crystal temple, there is no merit system that I have seen with incremental upgrades

removed for time being....

If any of you have played Torn City before, the you will know how the merit system works. If not, then let me explain. Basically, you have for example x merits on Torn City. You decide to use them all on a nerve, which is an incremental upgrade. This means when you upgrade the first time it costs 1 merit. Then the second time you upgrade it costs 2 merits, the third costs 3 and so on. You can go up to 10. Each time you upgrade, your nerve only increases by 1.

I have created a mod like this. The base file will cost $15. This file includes the incremental upgrades for Nerve, HP and all stats. It also contains non incremental upgrades, where you have a set price each time. The non-incermental upgrades are: +500 Will, a random weapon, and two items. However, I can add whatever you ask for, costing you an extra $3 per request. Instead of upgrading nerve, perhaps you would like a will/happy upgrade. So for each incremental upgrade, you get 10 will. Therefore, to upgrade to 10/10 it costs you 55 merits and you gain a total of 100 will. Or you could have me add something which credits a user with a random item for 10merits. Features like this can be added on request for the price mentioned above.

Here are some screenshots of the mod, and descriptions above each one.

This is what the Merit System will look like. The layout can be edited and is easy to do. The Incermental Upgrades are in one table, whilst the others are in a different one. You can ask me to edit the tables or names on request for no extra charge. The table tells the user, how many times they have upgraded, how much the next upgrade costs and what the upgrade is.

Merit1.jpg

When the user click on one of the Incremental Upgrade links, nerve in this example, they are taken to this screen. If they do not have enough merits, a message simply says You don't have enough merits. If they do, they receive their upgrade.

Merit2.jpg

This is an example of what happens after you have upgraded. I upgraded my nerve as you can see from the 5 nerve in Image 1 and 6 Nerve above. After upgrading, it now says 1/10 under upgraded, showing I have upgraded once. It now tells me I have to gain 2 merits to upgrade my nerve again.

Merit3.jpg

This simply shows the screen after I have upgraded a few things. I have put this here in order to prove that the system is working fully.

Merit4.jpg

The message that comes up when you purchase a Motivation Potion/Will.

Merit5.jpg

Motivation Potion is credited after being purchased.

Merit6.jpg

Purchased the +500 Motivation

Merit5.jpg

If anyone is interested and needs to know more details, add me on msn: [email protected] OR Pm me on CE. Any minor modifications needed, like changing names of the table or editing field names in the file can be done by me free of charge. Any modifications that are more time consuming can also be done for me, but we discuss the price. I charge low fees so for something major, I will charge from $3-$8.

Just so everyone knows, there will only be one PHP file called merits.php. But depending on the number of incermental upgrades you want e.g. if you have Nerve, Points and HP; you will have to add 3 SQL fields. Installation is simple, and can be done by me.

the text file supplied is crazy.. can really tell where code begins and ends and how to properly set it up

each and every line has some

\par

statement everywhere.

Please clean it up and resent to me as a pack that can be used properly.

the text file supplied is crazy.. can really tell where code begins and ends and how to properly set it up

each and every line has some

\par

statement everywhere.

Please clean it up and resent to me as a pack that can be used properly.

Wordpad does that some(all) of the times...

Try opening the file with Wordpad first, and then copy it from there into notepad.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...