MakeWebGames

Dedicated Hosting

Astra

I am looking into Dedicated Hosting if anyone knows any good hosting that does not cost too much then could you let me know and does anyone have any kind of idea how much ram a online text based uses? with around 1,800 players?

Thanks for any help.

• 3 months later...

Re: Dedicated Hosting

What sort of cpu requirements does this game possibly need? I don't see any games out there that get Torn City traffic. My game isn't huge, but we still get over 50 users online in the last 10 seconds every now and then without any degrade in performance on our shared hosting server.

I think the real problem is the game database isn't designed for performance. Proper indexing of often-searched tables in the database will save a lot of cpu cycles, thus saving a lot of money. I log page load times in a table to track our server's performance, and there really isn't a noticable difference between peak hours and slow times (we are talking less than 0.02 seconds increase in load times). Prior to optimizing the tables server performance was still a non-issue, but could lag when slow pages were accessed.

I'm curious to know what sort of traffic and concurrent connections the dedicated server users are getting out there. I'm not talking about the obvious Torn City's of the world either, but real game owners here. There aren't too many 200+ concurrent users for games of this kind out there.

Re: Dedicated Hosting

i dont use it for games, i use it for proxies. they use a bitch load of bandwidth, and also need a good load of ram (mines at 1gig i think) to be able to basically keep running.

on top of that, i can still host whatever i feel like (250gig space and 1.5tb bandwidth is hard to fill)

you are right though, i dont think i'd ever run a game just to solely fill that lol...but its still nice to have other avenues of revenue rather than just a game.

• 6 years later...
I am looking into Dedicated Hosting if anyone knows any good hosting that does not cost too much then could you let me know and does anyone have any kind of idea how much ram a online text based uses? with around 1,800 players?

Thanks for any help.

I would suggest to you get the Dedicated hosting from 9cubehosting.com here they provide Linux based hosting.Here they provide good Network uptime and their customer service and support are very good.