MakeWebGames

Multi accounts, less proxys. Learn to stop it here

topmorpg

This mod will have to be altered to your script. However shows the general elements to get what needs to be done, done!

First I will say that in no way will you ever be able to fully stop multis, or proxys being ran on your site. Examples of some blocking proxys and banning them immediately is a bad idea. What about those that actually connect on proxy from air cards, business networks, aol, and yes a small 5% of net users still use dial up service.

Port 80 and 8080 proxys will result in a nature that look like a personal connection rather then a proxy so cant be stopped. There are others but this serves as a example.

Without further BS here is how you can stop multis in your site.

In your login system before it forwards them to the next page to play have it set a cookie.

Example:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

This can be perfected on. However will help you against them un-wanted multi accounts.

Also this can be tied to a logging system that if the cookie exists and someone try's to log in. You can have it log to a logging system and then you can manually take care of the accounts if you like.

Soon I will be posting a ban ip from site that works from a database. as well as a logging system to log all actions in your site based on where you install it to log what they do, use, etc..

TJ

Re: Multi accounts, less proxys. Learn to stop it here

Only down to this is alot of people use proxys 60% of my users use proxy in work,school ect, i suggest using proxy in cash tranfer, markets so it allow's people using proxys to play the game but not on the exstent of not letting them play.

Re: Multi accounts, less proxys. Learn to stop it here

If you look above this dont ban based on if they are on proxy.

proxys are used by legit members as well as those looking to play more then 1 account.

What your doing here is catching those trying more then 1 account. and able to ban them accounts as it logs a cookie and reports it to you