MakeWebGames

how u guys forgot the language script/module ?

omarka

Well i will say that its a lot of trouble to make it multi language, as i think im the only one that made multi-lang update to GL
if its only interface for links and text then that douable i think i know at least 2 game owner that translated their game

But if you want multi lang then you will deal with content in multi language, that is realy hard, throw french, english, and arabic that is already realy hard to find the right encription for all of them at the same time, but lets say we have all the language data, how we gonna work on the data base side?? each language have its own server?

And add that to the trouble of the devs that made already mods it will be already trouble some to keep supporting and updating their mods to the latest version 

And if we want to upgrade GL we need to rework on all the mods that got released or made and that is not even worth it

9 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

Well i will say that its a lot of trouble to make it multi language, as i think im the only one that made multi-lang update to GL
if its only interface for links and text then that douable i think i know at least 2 game owner that translated their game

But if you want multi lang then you will deal with content in multi language, that is realy hard, throw french, english, and arabic that is already realy hard to find the right encription for all of them at the same time, but lets say we have all the language data, how we gonna work on the data base side?? each language have its own server?

And add that to the trouble of the devs that made already mods it will be already trouble some to keep supporting and updating their mods to the latest version 

And if we want to upgrade GL we need to rework on all the mods that got released or made and that is not even worth it

Agreed. I personally like the way Laravel handles internationalization but seems like a little much for an application like this

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe keeping a folder for all languages files and in each file will be strings with its content.

The modules, static files themselves will have {{ $lang->welcome }}, {{ $lang->strength }} instead of Welcome, Strength. The app itself would set a locale beforehand and that will be passed to the $lang object which will make it all automatic or can be chosen upon loading of site. Maybe a list of available languages. This would ensure you'll have a strict translation instead of Google translate which may or may not translate it correctly.

The language file will consist of a dictionary list of set words and content.

$welcome = "Welcome";

$strength  = "Strength";

Could be a start but not sure how cached files would affect things, maybe separate cache folders for each language?

Addition:

$addmoney = "You have won $money";

Maybe also use str_replace at your place of conversion to make the strings more dimensional.

Edited by Ishraq
Addition

11 hours ago, Ishraq said:

Maybe keeping a folder for all languages files and in each file will be strings with its content.

The modules, static files themselves will have {{ $lang->welcome }}, {{ $lang->strength }} instead of Welcome, Strength. The app itself would set a locale beforehand and that will be passed to the $lang object which will make it all automatic or can be chosen upon loading of site. Maybe a list of available languages. This would ensure you'll have a strict translation instead of Google translate which may or may not translate it correctly.

The language file will consist of a dictionary list of set words and content.

$welcome = "Welcome"; $strength = "Strength";

$welcome = "Welcome";

$strength  = "Strength";

Could be a start but not sure how cached files would affect things, maybe separate cache folders for each language?

Addition:

$addmoney = "You have won $money";

Maybe also use str_replace at your place of conversion to make the strings more dimensional.

I think that’s a start but you may not want to make it a property unless you wanted to get cute and add it as a __set magic method because you may want a fallback text