MakeWebGames

Calabrian Way - MCCodes v2

Media4um

I am beginning a new game project using the basis of McCodes v2. I do have a receipt if anyone wants to challenge my license or anything like that. Bought it here on MWG. I plan on using this script as a skeleton only. Something to tear apart, put back together and create a whole new thing entirely. For $50, a simple basis script that has the potential to create something large and magnificent felt like a small investment to me.

I am looking for a skilled team mate who knows his way around PHP, SQL. I have a few ideas that I want to implement into this game so that it isn't the standard game we see so often. I want to build something seamless and beautiful, and I know this will take time. I have rented out a server and put cPanel onto it, I have a decent domain name for the game name I'd like to call it. The overall theme is held in ancient Italy, where the Roman empire has just collapsed and the Dark Ages settle in. So you can see how that might play into the "doing crimes" part of the script, but I'd like to add other tasks as well to counter crimes. 

If you're interested in partnering, you do not have to pay anything out of your pocket. I need someone with skills. I have some skills, and they're getting better every day, but I need someone who knows how to structure a script into pieces that can execute the types of formulas that I have envisioned for this project. I will pay for the server, and any other expenses. I really just need a great coder. The partner will receive their 50% of the eventual income. But I don't anticipate any income for months as I plan to be working on this game for many months ahead.

If you're interested, please DM me, or contact me on Discord at theSilentPathogen #8335.

Thanks all.

48 minutes ago, Media4um said:

I am beginning a new game project using the basis of McCodes v2. I do have a receipt if anyone wants to challenge my license or anything like that. Bought it here on MWG. I plan on using this script as a skeleton only. Something to tear apart, put back together and create a whole new thing entirely. For $50, a simple basis script that has the potential to create something large and magnificent felt like a small investment to me.

You could have left that on the other thread - nobody cares about licensing. The more you sit around here, the more it'll all make sense.

Regardless about the licensing stuff; with all due respect, be careful with your selection of partner. History likes to repeat itself, and this place has had more bad coders than good in the last 15 years. Most co-op projects don't make it to fruition, etc. Good luck.

I appreciate you advice, I do. I get it, about the licensing. But I guess I felt it was easier just to buy the script here than scour the internet for some link of some kind for a free copy from some site that has people squatting on it hoping to plant some malware or something. 

I will definitely be careful of choosing a partner, as I am going to throw plenty of resources at this project and I don't want to risk too much. I will definitely have a screening process for the people who wish to jump in.

Thanks for the advice.