MakeWebGames

[Mod] People, Places, Things - Long text(SERIOUS CONCEPT)

Sim

With my highly EDITING GL to make more interaction between players, such as my crimes and thefts that can be committed against other players, I am now editing how b locations and cities will be worked.

Eventually, I want players and gangs to be able to create and attempt to control there city and have TRUE GANG WARS where some type of scoring system will take place with gang members competing tasks against other gang cities with several options to choose from and only allowing a few of those choices to chosen.

But for now, i am allowing People, Places, or Things be created in cities and attaching crimes to them. So the crimes page may eventually be fully removed and more things happening from the cities page itself. 

I think this will want players to travel more as well.

So for example: I can create 3 different people, and attach the "Mug Old Lady" crime to it. 

My enhanced crimes mod has more then one possible outcome text. So there could be up to X amount of different outcome texts displayed when the crime happens against any of the 3 people created.

The same with buildings, business, stores.  

I definitely could use some help with ideas as of right now, I think my idea is a good one in theory but not completely solid as of yet. 

Screenshot_20201011-224656.png

Screenshot_20201011-225336.png

Edit: the way things seem to be headed in the direction of, it's looking more like it will be a type of game where you build a city or empire and attack other city/empires. The idea does not sound that bad at ALL, if the concept is not to just build, protect, and destroy other players cities.

It seems to me that there needs to be more "CRIMINAL / GANGSTER" activity/action opposed to building, protecting and destroying cities. This is where I am STUCK. So with being %100 STUCK, I am afraid to develope any features much further as one minor change would have me needing to re-edit almost everything AGAIN. 🙂

SO LET'S BRAINSTORM AND PUT OR MINDS TO WORK AND COME UP WITH """A GREAT IDEA FOR ME TO USE OF COURSE.""". I may just reward the community with a good free mod in return. 

Edited by Sim

• 2 months later...

So are you wanting to do it based on criminal activity of a "Family/Gang"? So more crimes that gang does in the area the more control they will have and own the area? Sort of like a percentage?

Lets say London has no gangs that own it, so its a "Open Contested Location". From that a gang can start doing crimes there and gain a "Crime Rate". After a certain time the gang with highest "Crime Rate" would win the location:

London:

Gang 1 = 75 % Crime rate

Gang 2 = 15 % Crime Rate

Gang 3 = 10 % Crime Rate

Gang 1 owns London

Then if a another gang wants to take over London from Gang 1, do a battle system:

Contested area's:

So just say Gang 1 owns London, but Gang 2 wants to take it over, so they invoke a "Gang War" against Gang 1. Then players from both Gang 1 and 2 would have to "Join" the gang war before a set time (before a battle starts, 24 hours). Once set time hits everyone who entered the Gang War from Gang 1 and 2 would then fight (Calculate Attack and Def), gang that won would then own that location, in this case London.

Then have a cool-down for a certain amount of days before another Gang war can be invoked at that location.

Doing a type of Gang owned Location, it would be good for a bonus to be applied to the owning Gang members to make it worth owning the location, such as a percentage on top activities (crimes, Theft, ect) done for owning gang members. With this you could make certain locations be worth more and gain better bonuses (London 5% bonus, Rome 7% bonus, ect).

Also set a max number of places a gang can own, and maybe have that up-gradable in the gang menu? (gang 1 is level 2, so can own a max of 2 locations)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AinzOoalGown said:

So are you wanting to do it based on criminal activity of a "Family/Gang"? So more crimes that gang does in the area the more control they will have and own the area? Sort of like a percentage?

Lets say London has no gangs that own it, so its a "Open Contested Location". From that a gang can start doing crimes there and gain a "Crime Rate". After a certain time the gang with highest "Crime Rate" would win the location:

London:

Gang 1 = 75 % Crime rate

Gang 2 = 15 % Crime Rate

Gang 3 = 10 % Crime Rate

Gang 1 owns London

Then if a another gang wants to take over London from Gang 1, do a battle system:

Contested area's:

So just say Gang 1 owns London, but Gang 2 wants to take it over, so they invoke a "Gang War" against Gang 1. Then players from both Gang 1 and 2 would have to "Join" the gang war before a set time (before a battle starts, 24 hours). Once set time hits everyone who entered the Gang War from Gang 1 and 2 would then fight (Calculate Attack and Def), gang that won would then own that location, in this case London.

Then have a cool-down for a certain amount of days before another Gang war can be invoked at that location.

Doing a type of Gang owned Location, it would be good for a bonus to be applied to the owning Gang members to make it worth owning the location, such as a percentage on top activities (crimes, Theft, ect) done for owning gang members. With this you could make certain locations be worth more and gain better bonuses (London 5% bonus, Rome 7% bonus, ect).

Also set a max number of places a gang can own, and maybe have that up-gradable in the gang menu? (gang 1 is level 2, so can own a max of 2 locations)

I love that idea!! Once my NPC mod is done, I will create this exact concept with a few modifications. 

Like you said with the 24 hours. I think every war be 24hours.

One star to whatever gang commits most crimes. Same lvl or higher

One star to whatever gang steals most cars. Same lvl or higher.

One Star to whatever gang gets most $$.

Two stars to whatever gang wins most battles.

^^^ Can never be tie. 

• Like 1