MakeWebGames

Europeangangsters

BlueEG

• 2 weeks later...

Registered.   No validation required.... Ok.

Got an email sent to me anyway with what appears to be an attempt to send me my password back?  

"Dear DAMINK, you are now registered at European Gangsters, you used the ip xx.xxx.xxx.xxx To login, simply go to EuropeanGangsters.com and enter in the following details in the login form: Username: DAMINK Password: Please print this information out and store it for future reference. Thanks,"

If so then i have a couple of concerns.

1) Are the passwords salted?  or secured in any way?

2) Sending info like username and passwords over email is a bad idea.  A NO NO infact!  Make a recovery form with some sort of token.

1 hour ago, DAMINK said:

Registered.   No validation required.... Ok.

Got an email sent to me anyway with what appears to be an attempt to send me my password back?  

"Dear DAMINK, you are now registered at European Gangsters, you used the ip xx.xxx.xxx.xxx To login, simply go to EuropeanGangsters.com and enter in the following details in the login form: Username: DAMINK Password: Please print this information out and store it for future reference. Thanks,"

If so then i have a couple of concerns.

1) Are the passwords salted?  or secured in any way?

2) Sending info like username and passwords over email is a bad idea.  A NO NO infact!  Make a recovery form with some sort of token.

Passwords are encrypted with BCrypt

And the password sending was removed after the testing phase, we just missed off removing from the email

To reset password we have it send an auth code to the email which you enter upon a reset password page to change the password.