MakeWebGames

Back-end Developing

Samurai Legend

PHP isn't dying, any articles that state that are most likely bullshit. PHP runs most of the web, a large part because of Wordpress but also the fact it's easy and simple to pickup, there is no compilation needed at any stage.

If anything PHP is growing, the language itself is evolving release by release into something much better than it was in the past.

PHP has seen a lot of rapid core/engine improvements in a relatively short time with the advent of PHP 7 and beyond (7.4 is now in alpha). The community has also done a few amazing (and well-needed) things, like sit together to form the Framework Interopability Group (PHP-FIG), create a bunch of PSR standards, create Composer autoloading+package management, and modern frameworks like Laravel, which makes development a breeze.

If you're just coming back to PHP I highly recommend giving https://phptherightway.com/ a read. Should get you up to speed with the language nowadays.

Edited by WaveHack
  • Like 1

Thank you for the clarification! Will be checking out the link seems really useful. 

You know what it is, there's just a lot of people who take the piss out of PHP and how FaceBook is run on PHP. Just made me thought what has happened lmao? But then to mention Laravel, that's probably one of the best PHP frame works out there. Well, it's the only one that I have used. 

3 minutes ago, Samurai Legend said:

Thank you for the clarification! Will be checking out the link seems really useful. 

You know what it is, there's just a lot of people who take the piss out of PHP and how FaceBook is run on PHP. Just made me thought what has happened lmao? But then to mention Laravel, that's probably one of the best PHP frame works out there. Well, it's the only one that I have used. 

People will take the piss out of any language they don't like, look at node and the callback hell for example.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Samurai Legend said:

Anyone know a good tutorial to start a website using PDO?

Save yourself the trouble and start using active record or an ORM. Doctrine and Eloquent are both good options ?