MakeWebGames

Orginal gRPG

AdamHull

Hello, 

Here I have attached a new GitHub repo for the orginal gRPG.

This version is free, but is not actively developed by myself or @Magictallguy.

The script is not secure and use old deprecated MySQL functions, it also has a lot of bugs within the script. 

Any issues with the script please raise them on GitHub or if you want to fix the bug and submit this back on GitHub that would be much appreciated

gRPG Repo

• Like 1

It's sad to see such poor quality of code in this day and age. A quick look reveals a vast number of inconsistencies, suspect design concepts and downright dangerous code. imo this should not have been published as it harms both the owners and potentially the community in suggesting that code like this is acceptable.

Saying all that, it is not beyond the realms of possibility to revamp the code; to create something that is at least consistent with itself, however the process takes potentially more effort than the project is worth. For any budding grpg authors you may be better advised using a different code base or designing your own from scratch.

Again, while perhaps critical, I'm actually glad to see that people are publishing code; as only be reading, modifying and updating code do we in turn become better at the craft.

• Like 2