MakeWebGames

Moving Old threads

Aveneia

5 hours ago, Aveneia said:

I think it would be beneficial to move old threads to an archive section.  There are a lot of topics that are a few years old.  I have even found myself starting to reply to them only to realize their age.

Many of the posts have old links that do not work.  Moving the older stuff into an archive area may make the forum look more empty, but I believe it could help people from grave digging old topics. And cause people to create new topics that may be more engaging.

I want to try retain relevant content in the correct boards, that's why I've left the majority of the content in it's original posting place.

Do you have examples of topics with broken links?

I wouldn't say old topic are an issue. They'll either liven up or move back down as new content is created. Content but that's older but still relevant may pick up, or it may not. But let it be where it is, people might find it usefull, or maybe even fix some bugs, upgrade code, ... It will pick up in a bit.

One thing though @Dave, maybe you can do something about the links and references to many of these posts. Many links have been renamed to old.makewebgames.io/showthread.php which of course leads to nowhere.

1 hour ago, Nickson said:

I wouldn't say old topic are an issue. They'll either liven up or move back down as new content is created. Content but that's older but still relevant may pick up, or it may not. But let it be where it is, people might find it usefull, or maybe even fix some bugs, upgrade code, ... It will pick up in a bit.

One thing though @Dave, maybe you can do something about the links and references to many of these posts. Many links have been renamed to old.makewebgames.io/showthread.php which of course leads to nowhere.

I did update all the posts from old.makewebgames.io, however there are most likely some links in signatures and messages which won't have updated.

If you find those specific links let me know and I can update them.