MakeWebGames

richard's business mod update

So I found richard's business mod update (looks awesome by the way). But this one line is giving me issues.

echo '<p class="heading">Create Company</p>';
                              $_POST['name'] = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['name']);
                              $_POST['class'] = abs(@intval($_POST['class']));  

Basically, Im using mysqli, but switching to mysqli_real_escape_string returns a fatal also. Will post the exact error in a minute after I can login. >.<

quick question. Last one for the day. With

http://makewebgames.io/forum/game-engines/mccode-development-support/free-modifications/16465-richards-business-mod-fixed-with-a-few-things-added

using the business mod, is going to help make my game more dynamic. Instead of just passive bonuses or items, there will be areas that are open just to certain company employees.

ie. law firm member who has been employed for more than 3 days will be able to access the bail feature for the jail. Allowing only lawyers to be able to bail people out.

So what details do I call? what should the if statement look like? I can figure the rest out from there. But defines are almost always unclear for me, and if statements semi.