MakeWebGames

Forum Structure

Aventro

Firstly, good initiative on updating the appearance, looks much more modern and better.

I would suggest that you take a look at the current forum structure and consider doing some changes. First up revise the game engines categories available. Most of them are not maintained and barely anyone who posts in them. Archive.

This applies to most categories, consider grouping them up and rather divide them later if needed be.

But why? The reason is simple: The forums looks dead with all these categories where posts was 2- or more months ago. That is one reason why I personally haven't been much active, the forums looks dead and I don't really feel investing time in to something "dead".

So, I would aim for more general purpose categories, "Game engines", "Programming", "General" etc.

Firstly, good initiative on updating the appearance, looks much more modern and better.

I would suggest that you take a look at the current forum structure and consider doing some changes. First up revise the game engines categories available. Most of them are not maintained and barely anyone who posts in them. Archive.

This applies to most categories, consider grouping them up and rather divide them later if needed be.

But why? The reason is simple: The forums looks dead with all these categories where posts was 2- or more months ago. That is one reason why I personally haven't been much active, the forums looks dead and I don't really feel investing time in to something "dead".

So, I would aim for more general purpose categories, "Game engines", "Programming", "General" etc.

100% agree. I want to bring us down to have a couple of different quite broad boards. Rather than trying to separate everything like the current forum structure does.

• Like 1