MakeWebGames

Shafted by LunarPages

Arson

Lunarpages sent me an email today telling me that they moved my site over to a shitty server. It runs sooo slow now. They said I was utilizing too many of their resources. I didnt realize 9% was so much. But whatever. They said that they would be happy to go over the details of upgrading my account to one of their higher plans. Yeah right like Im going to give them more money. They handled it in a totally wrong way. They should have notified me of this first, I DID pay them for the hosting after all. And not some shit second rate host that runs slower than a freewebs site.

DONT BUY LUNARPAGES HOSTING if you are going to use a MySQL database, because eventually they will screw you like they did me and plenty of other people that Ive talked to around CE.

Re: Shafter by LunarPages

They tried top shut off my crons, multiple times. I sent many angry mails to them many times. And now they have reactivated them, and they leave me in peace now. :)

Just gotta get stern with them.

You paid for the service, they better provide it.

Re: Shafter by LunarPages

They tried top shut off my crons, multiple times. I sent many angry mails to them many times. And now they have reactivated them, and they leave me in peace now. :)

Just gotta get stern with them.

You paid for the service, they better provide it.

+1

Re: Shafted by LunarPages

i have also had problems with the crons, a few days ago they said that they had disabled my crons, but the morons had left them running, i couldn't remove any of them so it looked like that had just disabled my cron manager but my actual crons were still running.

well for everynoe thats on lunar pages shared host and for people that are considering on buying a package from them THINK TWISE.

well let me explain some things when you order from them they tell you that the only thing you will need to worry about is staying in side your usages on BANDWIDTH and STORAGE SPACE. well let me currect that no you dont as i found out when they suspended my account for using this:

CPU Usage: 14.27 / 1.0 allowed

Memory Usage: 3.19 / 1.0 allowed

MySQL: 8.2 / 0.8 maximum allowed

Top Process %CPU 31.0 /usr/bin/php / 20% per process allowed

Top Process %CPU 17.0 /usr/bin/php

Top Process %CPU 11.9 /usr/bin/php

i was like WTF....

so i wrang them up questioning what the heck was gonig on and what is this crap your emailing me about?

so they explained that i was using well over ALL my usages,

so i said currect me if im wrong but where on your site does it say anything about this usages as i have read your terms of services and that and it does not (currect me if im wrong) say that anywhere, as i would take full blame for this and then understand the suspention of my account... operater.... silence

so then i was still trying to get my account un suspened, this was there solution DELETE the login page.... what? say again? login page you know what you jsut said yea? delete the login page? right so you do know a login page is REQUIRED for my site as of most sites that have one....

the story goes on with me argueing my point so when i find a VPS from some where im demanding my full refund and will get it then move to the VPS machine.

arson if you fight for it you will get it as im sure that they are bracking a trads law somewhere.

if you have my msn i wouldnt mind talknig about it and seeing if we both could get a full refund and see how to go about it.

Cheers

I dont have your msn, but I will add you if you send it to me in a PM. I purchased the VPS light plan from JazzyHost.com a little while ago and Im just waiting for them to get it set up. Ive already backed up everything on the Lunarpages account for fear that they might ruin something else. I hope they get sued sometime.

They said they would give me a pro-rated refund (whatever that is) if i choose to upgrade. Well lets see, even after a refund it would still be more expensive to get their VPS than it would have been to get JazzyHosts.

LP $39.95 a month was their only plan

JH was $25 a month...with basically the same things being offered. Screw Lunarpages!!!

I know these sites are run by lunarpages, and it is amazing how nothing has gone wrong, but then again, there arent really any crons except maybe on the voting site.

Crons are what messed me up and we dont have 100+ users online here on MD's sites almost anytime. So theres no overusage of resources, plus MD may hav a larger plan than we do

I have over 100 crons on all sites (5 servers), off course I don't use the cheapiest plan a lot are just redirects from the earlier bought plans that I know use as test servers.

then again you all brag that you make a ton of money, rent a dedicated. You all know from start that a shared plan is good to start but that you have to move sooner or later as your site grows

I have recently improved my crons a bit more, I had a cpl of crons running each minute seperately when i could of just had them running from the same files :P, plus i emptied a few of my log tables that were un-needed, it's definatel;y improved the performance of my game some what, my attack page still takes some time to load up but i've got quite a few queries running on it for the ammo side of it, burt beggars cant be choosers, I unlike many others haven't got enough donations coming in to rent a dedicated server just yet, and i dont personally see the need for one just yet,

until i get a good 5k plus players i dont think i'll need one

**EDIT**

Good to see you back with us again MD, haven't seen you about the DBS forums for some time :roll:

I use temp tables

so basicly only a portion of the database is updated instead of a full db.

easy to implement and it only uses crons on the people logged in the last 60min, timestamp updates then again the players that login

timestamps can reduce your # or queries/crons dramatically :D

you mean like instead of having update users set energy=energy+whatever you would have update users set energy=enery+whatever where laston>timestamp or something along those lines. right?

mysql_query("UPDATE userstats,userstats_tmp SET $st=$st+$gain WHERE userid=$userid",$c) or die(mysql_error());

mysql_query("UPDATE users,users_tmp SET energy=$energy,exp=exp+$exp,will=$will,money=money-$cash WHERE userid=$userid",$c) or die(mysql_error());

example of the query used for the gym

the logout or session timeout

session_start();

mysql_query("update users set laston = (select laston from users_tmp where userid={$_SESSION['userid']}) where userid={$_SESSION['userid']}") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_query("delete from users_tmp where userid={$_SESSION['userid']} limit 1") or die(mysql_error());

mysql_query("delete from userstats_tmp where userid={$_SESSION['userid']} limit 1") or die(mysql_error());

session_unset();

session_destroy();

so these 2 examples shows the use of temp tables + timestamp usage