MakeWebGames

Shafted by LunarPages

Arson

Re: Shafted by LunarPages

canibalstew, I personally have no complaints about lunarpages but everyone should know that they will reach a certain point that they have to move to a more expensive plan. A game is good to start on a shared server but eventually you will have to move to a dedicated. So it's always good to put a % of the revenue aside for a future upgrade.

There are pobably other good hosting companies but I stick with LP.

I know these sites are run by lunarpages, and it is amazing how nothing has gone wrong, but then again, there arent really any crons except maybe on the voting site.

Crons are what messed me up and we dont have 100+ users online here on MD's sites almost anytime. So theres no overusage of resources, plus MD may hav a larger plan than we do

they taold me its all the same usages for a shared plan :)

take a VPS still shared but you control the usage and can know where bottlenecks are

currection you cant control it :) lunarpages said that a max of 3% CPU usage and is shared with max 6 people. now woohoo another 2% of CPU haha good old lunar pages a note to all people that have a game or thinknig of hosting one, dont go with lunar pages if you user more than 5 crons or have over 100 members they start to mess you about :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Your account has been moved to a temporary non-production server due to the

extremely high load your account was causing. As this is a shared server

environment, we cannot allow users to consume a large amount of the servers

resources, as it will degrade service for all other customers on the same

server.

So, my site is now shut down. They move it to a new server, but alas, I still can not access cPanel or ftp to get any of my data or files out. I'm blocked off and my support mails are not being responded to anymore....

Don't use lunarpages if your hosting a game. Or a site with decent amounts of active users.