MakeWebGames

Operation X

CaptainQuack

Hey guys, just thought I'd keep you all in the loop of a project that me and [MENTION=71663]IllegalPigeon[/MENTION] are working on.

Operation X - A free online text-based game.

We have been working on this for a few months now and thought now was a good as time as any to start promoting it. We have opened up pre-registrations that will eventually grant early-access and special rewards should you start playing once we go live!

Quick intro -

Operation X is a free online text-based game based in a post-nuclear war world. In 2031, tensions between the world leaders were high over diminished oil supplies and hyper inflation. To combat this, world leaders got together to form a peace treaty, which was going well until a terrorist organisation known as "WDA" (World Destruction Association) sought to cause global destruction by infiltrating American missile silo's and launching unauthorized missiles, causing a global war.

We hope that we'll have our first early access members online within the next 8 weeks and once we consolidate any bugs/issues that have arisen we hope to release shortly after!

We'll keep this post updated frequently with progress and screenshots.

Are we talking about the red box you get when you error? Is it still too big? Is it still the entire screen? It shouldn't be, because I said to [MENTION=71662]CaptainQuack[/MENTION] "We need to fix that", and he said "Yeah, ok". Should have been fixed, right? So I trust that it is indeed fixed?

Ooops, fixed ;)

Okay guys, er, this pains me to admit...

I was doing some testing and realised something. The way I was collecting/storing IP addresses, to check if a user had already pre-registered, was wrong. It was actually storing the IP from Varnish, ergo, most people had the same IP. Apologies if you were redirected!

I've nullified all of the IP's that were in the database as they are incorrect. The system is now collecting the right IP addresses and the problem should be resolved!

Edited by IllegalPigeon

• 2 weeks later...