MakeWebGames

Spam?

Hey guys I'm not quite sure where this should of been posted but is anyone going to deal with the constant spam I've been noticing lately.

I understand the forum may not be as active as before but people still visit this place and I find it annoying when i see useless spam threads.

Thanks -

It's really hard to deal with a lot of the spam that happens these days. I think 90%+ is real people and not a bot

can't you's guys create a system that wont let new member's post for x amount of days or whatever

that way spammers just cant register post there spam and leave and tell all his friends to spam here

can't you's guys create a system that wont let new member's post for x amount of days or whatever

that way spammers just cant register post there spam and leave and tell all his friends to spam here

Yeah but since a lot of the stuff here is support based it seems, that would really put a damper on a lot of the legitimate posters. And also, a large number of these spammers are sleeper agents. They do wait a few days sometimes to post. The only action I can think of is to start moderating people with < x posts. But that would be up to Dave and CB to implement

• 4 months later...