MakeWebGames

Looking for a partnership

Dayo

Title:

The Forbidden Age

Game abstract:

TFA is a text-based RPG based of games like runescape, skyrim etc... You can make multiple characters of various classes and explore a large expanding world.

(Some of the) Unique features:

- A large game world

- A content driven game

- Multiple skills for the user to train

- Easy to expand on (i plan on having things like DLC that you get on consoles (for free))

- There can be multiple game worlds

Technology used:

I use my own JavaScript framework for everything on the front end, on the backend there will be a API written in PHP using a MySQL database. There will also be a node application running to handle the real time events.

Current development status:

I have started on the coding side bellow is what has been completed:

- Front end framework

- Back-end PHP API

- An installer written in BASH to create new game worlds

- Login/register

- Server selection

- Character selection

- Create a character

- Open/Exit game

My own skills and tasks in the game:

I am more of a developer then a content writer or designer, i work full time making energy management systems, i use PHP/MySQL/JavaScript everyday so i would say im fairly good with them.

What I/we are looking for:

Im really looking for a content writer as i have a basic idea of what i want but to take it to the next level i will need someone else.

Expenses will be covered by:

I will pay all of the hosting/domain costs, i have already sourced 90% of the graphics that we will need so i cant foresee any bills that would come up in the next 3-6 months but if any do i am willing to pay them.

Current team:

Currently it is just myself, but i do have plans on expanding as the game progresses

Share / gain of the partners:

This is negotiable depending what you can bring to the table. If you do not want a percentage i am happy to pay for your work or even a mix of both.

Hi Dayo,

I would just like to add that JavaScript should only be used to enhance UX. If you're using it for important aspects of your game such as validation upon registering or anything else then you will face problems simply because JavaScript since it is 'front-end' it can easily be manipulated from the client side. What you should do is check everything at the server's side, this way user's cannot alter with your system and bypass such validations.

A famous quote comes to mind:

"Assume every user is a cheater"

• Like 1

Hi Dayo,

I would just like to add that JavaScript should only be used to enhance UX. If you're using it for important aspects of your game such as validation upon registering or anything else then you will face problems simply because JavaScript since it is 'front-end' it can easily be manipulated from the client side. What you should do is check everything at the server's side, this way user's cannot alter with your system and bypass such validations.

Javascript is also used for Node making your comment invalid. However yes, I'm sure he will check server side, noob move to forget

Hi Dayo,

Nothing can compare to server-side checks. Just a little comment on advice:)