MakeWebGames

RC Engine - Bookies

-BRAIDZ-

If it's not showing any errors what is it showing? Also, are you on a live server or a local server? I'm going to go out on a whim here and say your on a free/and or shared server which has no access to php.ini and/or ini_set is disabled so you can show any errors that do happen.

What at you can do is download WAMP, XAMPP if your on windows or MAMP , XAMPP if you on Mac and start developing there. Chances are you won't have a game ready for at least a year of 2 at you current rate so no need to have it live. I won't even mention Vagrant or Virtual Box to you as of yet.

Also, what do you think the problem is, what have you tried to fix the issue, and what was the result of your trial?

If it's not showing any errors what is it showing? Also, are you on a live server or a local server? I'm going to go out on a whim here and say your on a free/and or shared server which has no access to php.ini and/or ini_set is disabled so you can show any errors that do happen.

What at you can do is download WAMP, XAMPP if your on windows or MAMP , XAMPP if you on Mac and start developing there. Chances are you won't have a game ready for at least a year of 2 at you current rate so no need to have it live. I won't even mention Vagrant or Virtual Box to you as of yet.

Also, what do you think the problem is, what have you tried to fix the issue, and what was the result of your trial?

I have changed all the linkage things and the loaders to a href's

And I think it may be something to do with the structure of the tables on the actual code.

Because it doesn't specifie what goes where.

It only specifies table name

[MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] as long as the VALUES() of the INSERT sql has the same number of parameters as columns in the table then it'll work. Have you tried learning anything about php and even SQL ? Are you sure you have the table set up correctly in the database?

And if you think that the INSERT sql is wrong, why haven't you tried fix it yourself?

[MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] as long as the VALUES() of the INSERT sql has the same number of parameters as columns in the table then it'll work. Have you tried learning anything about php and even SQL ? Are you sure you have the table set up correctly in the database?

And if you think that the INSERT sql is wrong, why haven't you tried fix it yourself?

Yes I have tried learning.

And because as i stated in previous comments, I wasn't home have to reinstall windows on my laptop.

And now I have come go realise I have misplaced my windows disks

@KyleMassacre can't he just contact his host and ask to enable it?

That is probably dependent on the host. Most hosts probably think a live server = production server and do the right thing like disbaling PHP error output to the browser due to security risks. A lot of shared hosts like to restrict ini access on a shared server so people can't tinker around with apache/PHP settings and disrupt service to other clients on that box. But since he is in development it's best to go local. I read he misplaced his windows disk and something happened to his windows for some reason so what he can do is install Linux?

Also, another thing I may have noticed and I am not sure this has something to do with it, but maybe change the $_SESSION['myid'] to $_SESSION['playerid'] since I believe that is the index key that RC uses by default unless another session key was created for some lame reason.

Also, please learn that mres on integer values is pointless since it's not a string unless you gave it a string type in your database like *char, text, blob, etc. or if it's a get or post value. For some reason it's super annoying to me haha

Edited by KyleMassacre

That is probably dependent on the host. Most hosts probably think a live server = production server and do the right thing like disbaling PHP error output to the browser due to security risks. A lot of shared hosts like to restrict ini access on a shared server so people can't tinker around with apache/PHP settings and disrupt service to other clients on that box. But since he is in development it's best to go local. I read he misplaced his windows disk and something happened to his windows for some reason so what he can do is install Linux?

Also, another thing I may have noticed and I am not sure this has something to do with it, but maybe change the $_SESSION['myid'] to $_SESSION['playerid'] since I believe that is the index key that RC uses by default unless another session key was created for some lame reason.

Also, please learn that mres on integer values is pointless since it's not a string unless you gave it a string type in your database like *char, text, blob, etc. or if it's a get or post value. For some reason it's super annoying to me haha

I don't think he coded any of this mod, he just tried, and somewhat failed so far to convert it from one engine to the RC engine

@-BRAIDZ firstly, get a clean copy of RC because to my knowledge alot of Mccodes has be embedded into he version your probably have, secondly learn the basics of how to code because at the rate your going and the questions your asking, it shows your lack of simple knowledge which is no fault of your own because of your windows issue. But id advise codecademy.com it will teach all the basics you need to know it also has a live editor so you can see what your doing its really good. As for the RC engine if you can code well then you'll be able to edit and manipulate such such an engine to another level as i've been doing for the past 4months offline, ive gotten rid of all the horrible code and coded from scratch, it is quiet easy to learn from an engine while starting of because all you need to do it recode the files until you learn it, So if i were you i'd stick to RC for the time being for learning purposes then when your ready, try coding your own files

I'm using bytehost premium unlimited.

And laptop does not have windows installed on it at all at the moment.

And I did have my windows disks at home ready, but it seems as though mine have gone missing..

So I have to purchase more..

I'm currently using my phone

[MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION] learning from an engine isn't always the best idea. You can pick up a lot of bad practices and techniques. Also it's all procedural... A lot of the power of php comes from OOP PHP, imo anyway. It's best to learn the fundamentals like you said from places such as codeacademy.com etc then maybe futter around with some php source, engines and the like. Most of your learning will be done when you try to fix errors and problems you have with your code.

[MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION] learning from an engine isn't always the best idea. You can pick up a lot of bad practices and techniques. Also it's all procedural... A lot of the power of php comes from OOP PHP, imo anyway. It's best to learn the fundamentals like you said from places such as codeacademy.com etc then maybe futter around with some php source, engines and the like. Most of your learning will be done when you try to fix errors and problems you have with your code.

I'm a **** coder haha.

But no need to tell anyone on here that.

I know some basic stuff.

I'm not saying oh hey I'm Mark Zuckerberg, I created Facebook.

Or hi, I'm Bill Gates, I'm the founder of Microsoft Inc..

Yes I do get a lot of help.

But currently is so hard with only having a phone to be able to code and stuff at the same time.

So until I can get my computer running, I'm not going to learn much.

It's hard enough trying to read comments on here, because it's what only a 3 inch screen or something.

I'm hoping to be able to get hold of some windows installation disks as soon as possible.

• 9 months later...