MakeWebGames

[Code Name] Meh, [The Project] A new Text Game Engine

Sim

I don't like announcing any project I have planned or anything to really show, since the majority of the time's I never finish it. =]

I have been experimenting with some Technologies over the last week to see how simple it would be to combine a few. The result's was good. Although nothing has been coded for the game yet. =]

I do not feel like giving out a list of feature's although I got everything planned for first version release on the first or second Friday of January. (2nd or 9th).

A new approach to Text Gaming is about to be born. I think many people may find this approach strange at first, but will fall in love with it.

The majority of people know when I create something, I usually go all out and its creative and fairly new (Take oRPG Creator for example).

If time permits itself, I will be adding an auto mod-installer in the ACP which will let owners download and install mods similar to how SMF (forum) does. I have been working and I believe tomorrow is the last day until sometime in mid-late January and Holiday's is Thursday. I am exhausted when I get home, and try to sleep, but I did fit a hr or two in to experiment.

I will most likely not even begin coding this Engine until next week since I am trying to think of how to build a good-stable user-friendly powerful but not over-complicated framework for newer coders. This is the difficult part as most frameworks use some kind of Templating Engine and newer coders do not want to put the time in to learn new stuff or can follow the flow of certain programs. They tend to throw everything in one file =].

I know a few people have seen what I was going to do on here, so bite the tongue's.. This engine will have around 90%-95% of the features that mc-code's have as well as a MC-Codes converter to import your data to this new engine. Most of the "MC-Codes core-features" can be expanding upon IF wanted to in a simple fashion to allow for more interactive with members. Unlike, oRPG Creator, it will not be over complicated.

Coming Soon:

Project Meh

Sim, out!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I also forgot to mention, this will not be a FREE engine, but will range between $50-$100 for a license.

Sounds interesting, I'm particularly interested in this new approach you mentioned, let's just hope you finish it :)

A little update. I say I am about %90 done the engine framework and structure of the files & tables. It just requires a little fine tweaking. Next is to start knocking out all the features that it will come with. I def do not see it being released Jan 2nd though, but Jan 9th is doable.

A little update. I say I am about %90 done the engine framework and structure of the files & tables. It just requires a little fine tweaking. Next is to start knocking out all the features that it will come with. I def do not see it being released Jan 2nd though, but Jan 9th is doable.

Awesome, looking forward to it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I wasn't sure if he had made progress in the past almost 5 months or so. :) I miss deadlines too on occasion, which is why I rarely create them.

I can't make personal deadlines. I think whenever I have the framework built, i'll just release for everyone to use and create there own plug-ins/add-ons and create and then release my own plug-ins/add-ons. So whenever.