MakeWebGames

[rc] Help with daves chat!

Hybridd

Well it has only been 2 hours between your posts. You need to give people a chance. Now, do you need help or need someone to do it for you?

if you need help I can probably guide you through converting it. His mod uses the $db class so you will have to convert it over to RCs mysql_* functions, change all the queries that reference the users table and table column names and if I remember correctly it uses the settings table so you would have to dig up something to take its place. Also it uses globals, and global_functions so you would need to change the reference to those file names.

My first point I must make is that your using my horizontal navigation layout that I built last year and that you have horribly altered. Second point is that in order to make dave's chat work, you must first change the necessary user tables and add daves sql you may also want to alter his sql code slightly. It isn't hard :) but you may experience problems because you need to alter bits of the chat to work with RC. I can offer you a chat similar to TC with filter options, Chat banning, Staff Chat, Faction chat and emojis for a small price.

My first point I must make is that your using my horizontal navigation layout that I built last year and that you have horribly altered. Second point is that in order to make dave's chat work, you must first change the necessary user tables and add daves sql you may also want to alter his sql code slightly. It isn't hard :) but you may experience problems because you need to alter bits of the chat to work with RC. I can offer you a chat similar to TC with filter options, Chat banning, Staff Chat, Faction chat and emojis for a small price.

daves chat does not have an SQL!

Im very offended, Firstly i Built that Top style Look very closely secondly I Know exactly what I'm Talking about since I built most off ccm and Im the person that you learnt how to code from I gave you experience for almost a year and just because I removed you from CCM because your a liar, Scammer and a thief! I chose my brother of you for various reasons so don;t sit down and think you can downgrade me when I can downgrade you to nothing I am respected thank you but not from you so theres no need to trash talk when i opened up to you and provided your foundation. And its funny how you say I rip people off when I could get withnesses to testify to your accusations, everything you said in your post basically described you and Your now trying to give me a name? When im the person that let you work on my game which you ruined with you attitude and selling of my files pfft you know quiet well that what your saying isn't true. And as for the chat I do indeed have the right to sell it as It was custom made for CCM at the time I was learning Javascript 1 year ago. And yes you made minor changes but your changes to CCM where horrendous thats why I shut CCM down and Im currently building the new update. Shane matthews(Venom) Was my mentor and thought me everything I know and he can testify to your accusations especially the fact your saying i don't code my own work which i find shocking seeing that you copied and hacked so many games, gained access a copied there scripts your nothing but a fake, liar and nutcase. You know nothing and thats mainly why i deleted you from my life.

I can't wait for the movie.

It's words being chucked at each other with no evidence. Take it to PM and channel everything through me; I'd like a good laugh.

I can't wait for the movie.

It's words being chucked at each other with no evidence. Take it to PM and channel everything through me; I'd like a good laugh.

Yes please, take it to PM.

Now for [MENTION=70303]Hybridd[/MENTION], in regards to your PM I'm sorry but I don't have the time to help. What parts are you stuck on? Maybe show some errors you are getting and we can try to help

kyle, i need you to check my chat as it was modified a bit to rc engine standards.

i must have gone wrong some where on the coding but other than that, these are the errors i get:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/reakcity/public_html/ajax_chat/chat_globals.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/reakcity/public_html/includes/style_top.php:16) in /home/reakcity/public_html/ajax_chat/chat_globals.php on line 227

also is it ok if i post the source if each chat file here?

For your first error it is because your mysql_query that it is trying to fetch is returning false which means it's a bum query or not selecting any rows from the database. What you can try to do is wrap where it is fetching and displaying your data in an if statement like

if(mysql_num_rows($query)) {
   //the rest would go here
}

or you can put it in a while() statement:

while($rows = mysql_fetch_array($query)) {
   //the rest goes here
}

Now I will be honest about the header() error(s) I hate these things and what you can do is wrap that in an if() like:

if(!headers_sent()){
   header("Location: somewhere.php");
}
else {
   //it's dirty but do a meta redirect
}

Now that is assuming that the header function is in fact redirecting someone. There are ways to get around it like using ob_* but I'm not too keen on the ob_* functions like I should. /me thinks this is the correct work around.

Im sure there is a better way of tackling the header errors so if there is a better way can someone please correct me?

ahh i see for the first error i didnt change the lines so it still shows the mccodes settings line i think.

so i dont know what to replace it with?

i dont even think its needed.

Lines 1 till 9.

<?php
if(!isset($set)) {
$set=array();
$settq=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM settings");
while($r=mysql_fetch_array($settq)) {
	$set[$r['conf_name']]=$r['conf_value'];
}	
}
?>

for the second error im pretty much confused, could you give me more details?

here are lines 226 till 234.

foreach($table as $t) {
mysql_query($t) or die('<b>MySQL Databse insertion error:</b><p>An error has occured when the system attempted to dump the various database information into the table. Please check the error below.<br />'.mysql_error());	
}
if(isset($changed)) {
header("Location: ".$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);	
exit;
}
// Make any changes to the system that is needed for the system to work.

Thank You for helping kyle :)

The settings table is the default MCC settings and Dave just put all of the chat settings in there. If your database doesn't have that table then you can create it with those to column names you see and the both columns I believe are either text or varchar. For your second error about the headers you can try adding ob_start() above the header function and ob_end_flush() before it. I'm not certain it will work but you can try it. Like I said before I'm not too sure on the ob_* functions because I never really used them.

iv contacted dave and he says i need to see a developer and pay to get it done, its not likely i will get it converted for free..

hes right.

Kyle thanks a lot for helping but i give up changing things bit by bit.. ill be here for years. hope u understand. Thanks everyone that helped.