MakeWebGames

Helllo

wrux

Alright, I have been looking on this forum for a while and I think I used to have an account on here years ago (back when it was CE). I've just re-registered to check out whats going on. I've worked with MCcodes in the past even back when everyone was using just v1 and whilst i'm not currently doing anything with mccodes i'm just generally having a look on here and i'll try and give support for any PHP related games etc.

I just had a quick go at a super simple template for a game i'm working on and whilst i'll not be using this template it's just a temporary one. If anyone wants it, in the future I may distribute it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1390[/ATTACH]

That game is in very early development and at the minute is plain as I am awaiting on branding and a domain name etc. I hope to help others and share my progress on any game projects. :)

308252117_ScreenShot2014-04-22at12_08_18.thumb.png.8bbba073390bf77ca0d5a9efdcb6b9c0.png

I've been building my game and I was thinking that I may do a sort of closed beta for people on this forum at some point, just to get a developer point of view. What point would it be good to get a version online to show people? As of yet I have only been working on my project for a short time, however i'll be working on it a lot over the coming weeks.

Heres what i've implemented so far:

- Basic user integration

- Use Profiles

- Level algorithm

- Functionality for a rank system but no algorithm

- Events

- Items

- Shops

- Inventories

- Houses

- Locations (for shops and crimes etc)

- Gym (working on now)

- Jail and Hospital (just created the system but not used in any apps)

Yet to add:

- Mailbox

- Crimes

- Job

- Gang

- Item uses

- Item weapon system

- Attacking

All of my implementations as of yet are just very simple UI based but functionally work fine. What would you class as a game at a closed beta level?

I've been building my game and I was thinking that I may do a sort of closed beta for people on this forum at some point, just to get a developer point of view. What point would it be good to get a version online to show people? As of yet I have only been working on my project for a short time, however i'll be working on it a lot over the coming weeks.

Heres what i've implemented so far:

- Basic user integration

- Use Profiles

- Level algorithm

- Functionality for a rank system but no algorithm

- Events

- Items

- Shops

- Inventories

- Houses

- Locations (for shops and crimes etc)

- Gym (working on now)

- Jail and Hospital (just created the system but not used in any apps)

Yet to add:

- Mailbox

- Crimes

- Job

- Gang

- Item uses

- Item weapon system

- Attacking

All of my implementations as of yet are just very simple UI based but functionally work fine. What would you class as a game at a closed beta level?

A beta test is typically the last test performed by companies prior to releasing a product. It’s a test that involves real customers using the product in real environments. From identifying critical bugs to providing general opinions and ideas about the product, a beta test allows potential customers to be involved in the company’s product development. Testers have a chance to experience a new product firsthand, share their insight and ideas with a company, and help make a better product.

Source - Betabound

Conclusion - When you're ready to release but want that extra test phase to double-sure there's no bugs or glitches over looked in alpha testing.

A beta test is typically the last test performed by companies prior to releasing a product. It’s a test that involves real customers using the product in real environments. From identifying critical bugs to providing general opinions and ideas about the product, a beta test allows potential customers to be involved in the company’s product development. Testers have a chance to experience a new product firsthand, share their insight and ideas with a company, and help make a better product.

Source - Betabound

Conclusion - When you're ready to release but want that extra test phase to double-sure there's no bugs or glitches over looked in alpha testing.

Yeaa so an alpha stage then lol. I think a beta would be a while yet, but until then it's just dev on my local network I think

Welcome back to CE / MWG. Looking forward to updates on your game. :)

Thanks dude, i'll hopefully be posting screenshots of new stuff. Still waiting on a domain before I release the game name too which will hopefully be very soon