MakeWebGames

Official Panther Request Thread

Script47

So title says it all, this is the official thread for all your request for things you'd like to see in Panther, what you've got to understand is you can't point the engine is one direction, meaning you can't have all "mafia" game features because this is mean't to be an engine which can be used for any sort of game. Please explain your modules if they aren't so self explanatory.

I think the system could really benefit from a more.... modular structure. If you don't do it early on in the project it'll be a real challenge to change it later.

- Bring in an event-driven architecture (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6846118/event-driven-architecture-and-hooks-in-php)

- Installation scripts

Detect if each module is installed, if not run it's provided installation script. This will allow it to add any new tables, columns and rows to the database. Without the user needing to manually run queries in their database.

I think the system could really benefit from a more.... modular structure. If you don't do it early on in the project it'll be a real challenge to change it later.

- Bring in an event-driven architecture (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6846118/event-driven-architecture-and-hooks-in-php)

- Installation scripts

Detect if each module is installed, if not run it's provided installation script. This will allow it to add any new tables, columns and rows to the database. Without the user needing to manually run queries in their database.

I really like the sound of the installation one. It would be cool. I think I'll try that. Then look in to the top one. :)