MakeWebGames

My first app. C#

KyleMassacre

Hey everyone,

Lately I have been deciding to try and expand my knowledge in other areas, I figure its best to know a little about a lot than a little about a little. So I went ahead and created my first application and wanted to share it with you guys.

I watched quite a few youtube tuts but I didnt want to just copy and paste stuff per se and I wanted to add my own little touches to it as well. There are some things i need to fix like changing font colors for negative results. For some reason when you have a textbox that is disabled (can't type in it) it wants to keep the default forecolor. So maybe you guys have a trick or hack for it??? I plan on optimizing it as well but that will come in time when I dig deeper and find out how things work.

Just so you know I'm not here trying to show off to you guys like "Looky here, my first application and its the bomb", in reality it quite stinks lol.

I want to show you guys and maybe we can kind of collab and see stuff like what I did wrong, what I can do to improve, or maybe even some tricks of the trade. Since I super new to VS I don't really know how everything works so I just added it to github and I'll paste the link here.

So please give me your thoughts and keep in mind I'm only a few days old in this endeavor so don't be too rough now but I am a big boy and can take some constructive feedback to improve.

Here's the link:

https://github.com/KyleMassacre/Calculator

• 2 weeks later...
Ohhh your such a charmer lol. Its not that great. I went with the jitterbug approad but I'm thinking I need to make the buttons bigger to match the screens

I try my best! ;) What I was going to say is make I so you press keyboard numbers and type like that. Granted it will require you to get key codes (like they do in Java) and log the buttons pressed but it would make it neat. Any plans on future projects?

• 3 months later...

Congratulations Kyle, if you ever need help. Shout.

Also install StyleCop and get reSharper or CodeRush trials to help you learn fast.

Keep in mind win form is dedicated for building tools-form driven applications and if you want to customize it (visual) it's going to be a hell.

I would suggest do the same calculator but in WPF, code resembles and you will enjoy it even more as you can customize everything.

Have fun!