MakeWebGames

Alternatives to an Attacking System?

Script47

Player interaction is important, but an actual "attack" page? Not really. It depends on the game you're actually trying to set up. You could, for example, have a system where they learn new skills (via quests and puzzles), and add them into memory so they can create there own quests that other users can try made up of puzzles that they have previously encountered. The map could be custom made by the user. This could be done using something like NEAB so it would be possible.

As always it depends on the type of game.

Edited by Dominion

Right, so what features would you have in like a Medieval type game, I could always change it but just curious?

Player interaction is important, but an actual "attack" page? Not really. It depends on the game you're actually trying to set up. You could, for example, have a system where they learn new skills (via quests and puzzles), and add them into memory so they can create there own quests that other users can try made up of puzzles that they have previously encountered. The map could be custom made by the user. This could be done using something like NEAB so it would be possible.

As always it depends on the type of game.

Very interesting answer, I get what you mean and yes, just today in the morning I was looking in to NEAB again. Thanks for this Dom.

Right, so what features would you have in like a Medieval type game, I could always change it but just curious?

Would you not want any player vs player battles or nothing at all that resembles an attack system? I would say competition in some shape or form is good. For Medieval... I am honestly not sure what would be best, however you could consider a jousting tournament system or something like it? Knights tended to compete on everything from family name, how much land they owned, skill with a sword, and who had the most productive land for their kings. Basically everything they could compare was.

Would you not want any player vs player battles or nothing at all that resembles an attack system? I would say competition in some shape or form is good. For Medieval... I am honestly not sure what would be best, however you could consider a jousting tournament system or something like it? Knights tended to compete on everything from family name, how much land they owned, skill with a sword, and who had the most productive land for their kings. Basically everything they could compare was.

Brilliant the jousting tournament thing! You can buy an compete, that's great. Thanks mate. :)

• 2 months later...