MakeWebGames

Selling BestTextGames.com

Arson

I have been out of the web game business for a while now so I am finally thinking about selling Best Text Games to help fund my future business ventures.

I don't really have any specific price in mind, and am curious to see if anyone is even interested.

My only hope is to get the site into the hands of someone that is going to keep it up, and improve the experience for visitors.

I will post some screenshots of some of the stats in this thread shortly.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have right here in the thread and I will do my best to answer them promptly.

If you would like to make an offer please do so via PM.

Check out the site here: http://www.besttextgames.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1181[/ATTACH]

As you can see 2013 has been a slow year compared to 2012. This is because I was unable to be as active on the site this year as I was in the past; one reason I am considering selling.

I know that the traffic can be picked back up by talking to game owners and getting new games added to the site.

There is still a steady flow of game submissions coming in to the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that Wordpress? :/

Yes it is built with WordPress and the ClassiPress premium theme.

I realize that this will probably be a turn off to some.

btg_monthly_2012.thumb.png.18073360510d46ebc6b3a22219680d25.png

btg_monthly_2013.thumb.png.909ae49df785680ddc9044db69b603e7.png

DO you have any sort of callback API?

I have a custom callback script for confirming votes on the game so that owners can offer an incentive for voting. The script works pretty much the same as Apex Web Gaming's incentive system.

1) The game owner puts their own variable in the voting link (http://www.besttextgames.com/vote.php?game=[GAME_ID]&player_id=[PLAYER_ID]) where [Game_ID] is the id # of the game on BTG, and player_id is the unique variable (they can call it whatever they want).

2) Once the player votes, the system instantly calls back to the game's incentive URL after inserting the "player_id" variable into the URL.

This allows the game owners to handle incentives however their heart desires. A sample incentive script is provided to game owners signed up on the site to get them started.

The revenue stream does leave some to be desired.

I have had multiple inquiries for advertising over the past year, but only fulfilled one or two here and there, unfortunately my inactivity with the site hurt me as far as revenue goes.

So I am sorry to say I don't have anything to show as far as revenue is concerned, although I would consider that more of a result of my inactivity than the demand for advertising.

I believe that with an active approach in finding advertisers a decent revenue stream could be created.