MakeWebGames

Achievement System

DeathsAlive

So, to keep a game competitive and players interested/progressing towards something.

You need some sort of achievement system.

The theory/design I have in mind/paper for this. Seems rather convoluted/long winded. Was wondering if anyone has designed such a system and would care to offer some insight/guidance on this. Happy to share my approach as well :)

What would be the difference with the current quest system (beside the name that's it) ?

The quest is that, quests. I'm creating something where a user gets a badge/icon/bonus/achievement points for completing X,Y,Z. For example "Congratulations, you've won 10 battles". Which would, for example. Earn 5 achievement points? And unlock a prize or icon or something in the achievement directory?

In reference to the questing. They could also earn one for completing 10 quests, helping X find their pebbles etc. :)

The quest is that, quests. I'm creating something where a user gets a badge/icon/bonus/achievement points for completing X,Y,Z. For example "Congratulations, you've won 10 battles". Which would, for example. Earn 5 achievement points? And unlock a prize or icon or something in the achievement directory?

In reference to the questing. They could also earn one for completing 10 quests, helping X find their pebbles etc. :)

I think what Bert is saying is that you can make the same system you want from the quests. And I believe you can do achievements along side the quests at the same time kind of like over lapping them.

I think what Bert is saying is that you can make the same system you want from the quests. And I believe you can do achievements along side the quests at the same time kind of like over lapping them.
Indeed, for me it look like nearly a copycat of the quest system.

Awesomes! Will have a look at quests later :)

In fall fairness, not REALLY looked into them. Just toyed with different ideas and such. :)

Thanks guys! :o)

• 1 month later...
I thought of something like this and started coding it, then stopped. If you like I could help/show you that code if I can dig it out? (If I had a copy on my USB I will check)

Sorry for the late reply! Been so busy at work with a new project that I have had little, to no time to focus on SoulQuest.

But if you're able to dig that out, it would be fantastic. I'll also take a look into what Bertrand suggested :)

• 3 weeks later...