MakeWebGames

Siefate text based rpg feedback

serend

Hey all - I know I just joined but would love to get some developers feedback on my current project.

Its the revamp of a game I developed about 4 years ago. Game was pretty strong in activity the initial months but feel due to my own inactivity from growing up. Now back in the running and making headway. I'm in the midst of development of fixing and changing a bit however the current game is still strong. So I'm really curious on any sort of feedback about it especially now that I'm actively working on it.

Title is called Guardian of the Lore but will be renamed to SieFate. I had the domain gotlore.com but lapsed on my poor judgment. Its a text based multiple player rpg not based on any engines. The initial idea was to evolve around the Guardian system which is a 2D map dungeon that players battle everyone who enters. Once a player is defeated they are kicked out - last remaining player wins the title and power. Power gives them simple things like access to special town with unique skills and a few "staffy" powers like making it rain/snow in the game or a message alert for shout outs. Tournament happens every few days plus 1 hour from the last event so all time zones get a chance to do.

Activities include exploring map, fishing, crafting and mining. These are majority of the areas I'm improving on with the new power of the web :P

Next is also the battle system. While its similar to the standard auto battles most text based games have. The difference is players can select their skills to use in battle. Players pick up to 10 skills that get cycled through the battle. Skill 1 is done round 1, skill 2 round 2 etc.

I'd be really interested in getting any feedback across it all. Game play, Features, UI, everything. One thing to comment the game still uses an outdated Jquery; but so far still playable...few people that have tested get problems in Chrome and FireFox randomly.

URL: http://www.siefate.com/index.php

Thanks in advance to anyone that can spare a bit of time to try it out.

Edited by serend

I'm sorry but I'm finding it hard to reply due to your sig image. Love it!

Have the similar issue with ds-revolution.net; people tend to type .com by habit and wouldn't want the same issue starting off. Plus new name gives the psych of a new start for me. o.O That's it...yea O.o

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I was going to edit my original post but just thought to post an update...as its really been a large leap from the initial post.

Siefate is a persistent browser based game that I hope to release in the next few months without a reset as we close out the final balancing round. I have around 15 active players testing currently so its been extremely helpful on gaining some great player feedback.

What I was hoping here was to get some great feedback from other game owners - Guest above was helpful with the index page and would love to see it a step farther into game feedback. Once you register you get pushed into the game - no activation email or this or that.

The theme of the game is a fantasy setting. Swords, Helmets and magic all take its spot in the battle system. I opted to not have stats but instead all is based on your equipment. While leveling provides trait points that improvement passive abilities in battle. Ability to craft, fish and mine are added as you level as mini games.

Some questions I had:

1. Is there something missing right off the back the moment you login? (IE: You login and look immediately for this and it wasn't there feeling.)

2. Suggestions on things that I absolutely should/need to add prior to releasing and begin advertising?

3. A reason you believe it will fail. (Odd I know but I would love to learn from you in that regards.)

Thanks in advance.