MakeWebGames

Doing free mods

I was wondering guys, if any of you guys can make a Company modfication - If you guys can it would be appericated.

Abit like business modfication people have.

What kind of "Company" modification are you looking for exactly? There is a business module around so im sure you can edit that to suit your needs

I am looking for something like, you buy a company (There's Company Classes) And when you buy it. You gotta work every hour to gain x amount. And you gotta pay weekly for the company to go up. If not the company shut downs.

Members will be paid with the Business money the gained. Company can be charged with fine . There is much more but I am really busy.

I'm looking for a mod that will take your referral link upon registration and essentially allow other users (unregistered or registered) to visit said referral link and the user will receive gold upon visit. I'd be more than welcome to help pay for this script if you would like to develop it!

example:

1. John creates an account

2. John is provided with this link that he can share with his friends: http://www.gamewar.com/page.php?x=230239

3. Robert visits http://www.gamewar.com/page.php?x=230239

4. John gets +100 gold for Robert's visit. Visits cap out 10 per day.

I think the difficulty of this script is making sure that Robert cannot keep refreshing the link to help John get gold. There has to be a restriction that logs his session so that the system knows Robert already visited his link.

I'm looking for a mod that will take your referral link upon registration and essentially allow other users (unregistered or registered) to visit said referral link and the user will receive gold upon visit. I'd be more than welcome to help pay for this script if you would like to develop it!

example:

1. John creates an account

2. John is provided with this link that he can share with his friends: http://www.gamewar.com/page.php?x=230239

3. Robert visits http://www.gamewar.com/page.php?x=230239

4. John gets +100 gold for Robert's visit. Visits cap out 10 per day.

I think the difficulty of this script is making sure that Robert cannot keep refreshing the link to help John get gold. There has to be a restriction that logs his session so that the system knows Robert already visited his link.

where do you want to direct them to exactly?

Yes, it could very well be abused if someone has a bot system that frequently changes IP addresses. The easiest limitation could be to limit the amount of traps you can set a day. For example, setting the script to 10 traps a day meaning a maximum of 10 people can visit your link per day before the player longer gets a gold bonus per visit. If you wanted to go one step further, a captcha or simple image verification (what's 8+2?) could deter the bots but I feel like just seeing if the person already visited (same IP address) should be sufficient. If someone really wanted to create a bot system, then it would only work 10 times so it wouldn't be worth it.

I guess the page that would redirect you is a simple landing page for the user whenever he clicks said link. I want something that will recognize that a user has clicked the link and will give the player a reward, in this case, gold. A "trap" link is more of the correct term instead of referral because it utilizes the player's unique ID so the system knows who should be getting the reward. The link that can be shared and given to friends (http://www.gamewar.com/page.php?x=230239) and would ultimately just be a landing page for the user. It directs them to a simple page. For example, say Robert visited John's link. It would literally just say:

"You visited John's page. 100 Gold has been given to John."

or

"You already visited John's page today. John did not receive any gold." (assuming Robert already visited John's link that day)

If you wanted to go further, I guess you could also determine if Robert was signed into his account when he clicked John's link. If he did, both John and Robert are given 100 gold. If Robert clicked John's link and wasn't logged in (aka not a registered user) then an additional option of registering his account could be available but just John receives 100 gold.

Does this clarify things up a bit? :)

Edited by XXX

I just downloaded V1 and am developing it now since it was free. Is there a vast difference between V1 and V2 of MCCode? I was on the fence of purchasing a copy of V2, but was under the intent that V2 just came with more in-depth modules.

As for extras, hm.. I actually didn't think about those options you provided! Those are excellent ideas! I think you covered pretty much everything.

Also a fedjail report system.

User can only use it if there in fedjail. Easier way to communicate.

Staff can reply to the jailer.

Staff can ban the jailer/ un ban the jailer

Only 2 times a hour a jailer can post (Unless staff decide not to)

I'm a little confused as to why you would want to ban/unban the jailer (staff member) unless you mean the actual jailed account and I'm reading it wrong? Is it more of an appeal system?