MakeWebGames

Making Admin A Little Easier

Not a bad idea, however, not as easy at it seems due to the fact each module you enable / disable can have special enable / disable hooks (for example the chat bar have it), and running then all at the same time could have side effects. Not sure if that would work all that well.

Well I have had to disable more than 75% of the modules and it took a lot of time because you have to disable, wait for page load, scroll down again, etc.

I plan to have features enabled / disabled based on a time schedule so it will mean enabling and disabling multiple things often which with the way it is setup now can take a lot of time.

Multiply that by running many games and you can see what I mean.

Enabling or disabling modules are done by creating or removing 1 file inside the module directory: module.lock

That means, if the engine finds this file inside the module directory, the module will be disabled. Nothing else.

For your time based thing, you could simply have a cron which creates or remove the files as required.