MakeWebGames

Constructive Criticism needed

Bennyh789

When I sit upright looking straight on it gets better, italic letters are the worst to read for me. Using Firefox latest version. Don't know if there is shadowing or something on the font that might be causing it, or maybe just my eyes has to get used to it. Or maybe Im the only one having the problem.

Like the overall theme, perhaps shorten the top header image, so the player don't have to scroll as much.

Also, on the vote page you forgot to change the name from your old site, it says: Vote For Murder Country Now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]847[/ATTACH]

endtimes.png.002f2f5c78eb0e4be965a1c87d859eca.png

Edited by Someone

When I sit upright looking straight on it gets better, italic letters are the worst to read for me. Using Firefox latest version. Don't know if there is shadowing or something on the font that might be causing it, or maybe just my eyes has to get used to it. Or maybe Im the only one having the problem.

Like the overall theme, perhaps shorten the top header image, so the player don't have to scroll as much.

Also, on the vote page you forgot to change the name from your old site, it says: Vote For Murder Country Now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]847[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the point out on the vote page, it was from my old game but will egt it changed.

Our idea was to use mccodes as unlike some we do like the codes etc but make it not look like mccodes if that makes sense

As ive said there is still a lot of content work to do etc and a few images but ALL of the images are our own so quite proud of them

Thanks guys for the comments, and tbh i wasnt 100% sure about the style of text but now you two have said what i was thinking I will look at changing it :-)

If theres anything else anyone would like to add good or bad it would be appreciated

Thanks

You definitely need to take a look at the typography. It's unreadable (mostly because of the size). Please 16px. Go go.

"It has finally happened" - Your mind is sick bro.

The design when logged in is actually quite impressive, however it's too large for my screen resolution 1280x1024. Responsive design, anyone?

The typography is yet again logged in very uncomfortable. The chat bar down in the bottom is that you barely can see it, I would change the opacity.

Edited by Aventro

You definitely need to take a look at the typography. It's unreadable (mostly because of the size). Please 16px. Go go.

"It has finally happened" - Your mind is sick bro.

The design when logged in is actually quite impressive, however it's too large for my screen resolution 1280x1024. Responsive design, anyone?

The typography is yet again logged in very uncomfortable. The chat bar down in the bottom is that you barely can see it, I would change the opacity.

The opacity on the chat bar will be 0% when it is hovered over or clicked in to type

In regards to responsive design this goes beyond my capabilities :-(

The opacity on the chat bar will be 0% when it is hovered over or clicked in to type

In regards to responsive design this goes beyond my capabilities :-(

You mean 100%, right? My point is, it's hard too see now, If you increase the opacity, it would be clearer.

I see, try some Googling, I am too tired to give you some resources for the moment, Sorry :(.

And finally, do something about the typography and Ill be happy to continue my review :P

The bentest account is not working, perhaps someone (else) is looged in with it.

So it has finally happened. The zombie apocalypse has arrived and surprise surprise, no one was prepared...except a few smart individuals that saw it coming. Complete survival tasks and start to rebuild before the competition takes over. Times are hard, food and water are in short supply and not only do you have to deal with the walking dead, there's also the other survivors to worry about! But who knows their motives in these dark days. It's survival of the fittest now, so what are you waiting for you better get started

Not a Survivor? Register Here!

^Still hard to read

This is readable for me:

There are currently 17 registered users.-------- 9 users online. [Last 24h] -------- Contact -------- Story

Same with news ticker, perhaps slow it down a little (as in wait before it changes)

The bentest account is not working, perhaps someone (else) is looged in with it.

So it has finally happened. The zombie apocalypse has arrived and surprise surprise, no one was prepared...except a few smart individuals that saw it coming. Complete survival tasks and start to rebuild before the competition takes over. Times are hard, food and water are in short supply and not only do you have to deal with the walking dead, there's also the other survivors to worry about! But who knows their motives in these dark days. It's survival of the fittest now, so what are you waiting for you better get started

Not a Survivor? Register Here!

^Still hard to read

This is readable for me:

There are currently 17 registered users.-------- 9 users online. [Last 24h] -------- Contact -------- Story

Same with news ticker, perhaps slow it down a little (as in wait before it changes)

Thanks for the suggestions i'll take a look at them. It may be that some kind person has logged in in the test account and changed the password....lovely. so will hav to set up a new test account.

Also illusions I'm guessing you've checked your junk mail folder? let me know if it still hasn't come through and I'll pass it on to bennyh.

Cheers guys

I to have to scroll right on my 1280x1024 monitor

The left menu is easy to read, the

Recent Survivor Activity hard to read

Recent Event and stuff in the torn note, easier to read

Imagine its good on a laptop when you are 30 cm from the screen

Hard for me to judge load times, since Im on a rather fast connection.

I did analyze sitebg.jpg for funzies, was well optimized, but rather large (in width*height). Perhaps chop it up, and have button part that is mostly covered up by stuff, be a repeated smaller image. I would also not have the header part so tall (high), as I think its good for the user to have to do as little scrolling as possible.

• 7 months later...
Not a problem

We have had other game owners who decide instead of coming to me first so I can warn the user they decide to spam themselves.

Which in my book makes them worse than the user that was originally doing it.

Can I ask what game this user was spamming?

PM'd you the name