Request from illusions about the in game forums

a_bertrand

example

+ Armor -

+ Food -

+ Raw Material -

+ Weapons -

so each category can be open or closed to save screen space

I could see this being needed once a game gets into full swing as users may accumliate a lot of items in their inventory and would be easier if some categories could be closed so they can focus on the category they need too,

Check the demo site:

http://www.nw-engine.com/demo/

I added the inventory expand / contract sections. If you leave the page and come back, it will re-expand the previously expanded section. Don't worry if equip or others don't work there => it's a demo and the DB is locked.

If this is what you guys want, I could try either to make it a function or at least use it in other places like market / npc shops etc...

BTW you will need to wait till next version as I added some functions on the top JS files to do it. I don't want to replicate many times the same functions over and over again.

When you open an area, then click the open/close symbol again (I assume to close it) it does nothing. I would think it would open and close.

Also I think maybe I would like to open multiple areas at the same time. Or an option to limit window size (like display 10 items max with a scroller on the right). Another cool option I bet we could put 1000 things into and have it done my next year lol.

It would be great as a function so that modules can use this same technique. And allow the site to have the same behavior in multiple areas.

Ty

Greg

Edited by gmoore

Yes it would be good to have it as function, yet I somehow fail to see how to make it workable with many data sources.

Anyhow, currently it expand only one, we could have multiple one open if we want, need to change just a couple of things more, but do you really think it makes sense? As well as closing it, that's easy enough but is it useful?

It makes sense to me.

Case in point:

I might have mixable/craft items from different groups (just an example: Tanks ... Main Gun in 'Large Weapons', Tracks in 'Wheels' and Engine in 'Power Devices', lol just whiped the up in my head). Which makes me think sub areas, like 'Tank Parts' with sub areas of 'Weapons', 'Body', 'Treads', 'Engine'. Then those areas have the items.

It might be over kill, but at some point I would add it myself. So you could always hold off and add it later too. I think any option/cool idea that comes up could be turned into a monster :confused:

Greg

I starts to know you gmoore: you are the kind of perfectionist. However I learned (the hard way) that if you concentrate too much on the details, you will never finish or at least have an hard time. So I tend to do it in layers, start with maybe some rough versions which can be improved over time. I prefer that way but understand it could be seen as "why the... isn't that already correctly done?"

Things should be done in stages as needed. Yes I agree 100%.

I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist ... my wife would laugh at that as she says I am always cutting corners. I just see possibilitie in real cool ideas. Of which this new item list is one of them. As I said, we can probably make any idea on this forum a monster for you/us to code. But I like to say it regardless.

Thank you for your focus on the product!

Greg

I like that it remembers what it was left as last time you where there.

I am definitely not a perfectionist, nothing _I_ do is ever perfect :)

Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality disposition characterized by an individual striving for flawlessness and setting excessively high performance standards, accompanied by overly critical self-evaluations and concerns regarding others' evaluations.[1][2] It is best conceptualized as a multidimensional characteristic, as psychologists agree that there are many positive and negative aspects.[3] In its maladaptive form, perfectionism drives individuals to attempt to achieve an unattainable ideal, and their adaptive perfectionism can sometimes motivate them to reach their goals. In the end, they derive pleasure from doing so. When perfectionists do not reach their goals, they often fall into depression.