MakeWebGames

Item Market add-on

Smokey

This simple little add-on will allow your users to sell items on the item market and not have to worry about their profit being mugged off them before they can come online to bank their money. Instead it will go into a "Merchant account" temporarily until they withdraw it.

SQL

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

(If your game uses large amounts of money you may want to use BIGINT)

in the top of itemmarket.php place this where you want it:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

in itemmarket.php find:

replace with:

Pretty good idea. But do you really want people to be safe while they are offline? You may as well disable the button to mug people if they are offline. The way I see it is if they are safe from things from the game while they are offline it doesnt really give them a reason to be online all the time. Maybe do something like lucky said and possibly add an option to go in a another account of some sort but charge them a percentage to do so. Other than that nice contribution.

Pretty good idea. But do you really want people to be safe while they are offline? You may as well disable the button to mug people if they are offline. The way I see it is if they are safe from things from the game while they are offline it doesnt really give them a reason to be online all the time. Maybe do something like lucky said and possibly add an option to go in a another account of some sort but charge them a percentage to do so. Other than that nice contribution.

They are not "safe" from mugging, just market sales. I for one do not think it's fair for a person to buy an item and turn around and mug their money back before the seller can come online and bank. So they should get their item AND all their money back just because that person isn't online? Doesn't seem fair to me. It's here if you want to use it, if not, don't..simple.

They are not "safe" from mugging, just market sales. I for one do not think it's fair for a person to buy an item and turn around and mug their money back before the seller can come online and bank. So they should get their item AND all their money back just because that person isn't online? Doesn't seem fair to me. It's here if you want to use it, if not, don't..simple.

Well thanks for the attitude. I was offering a suggestion. I have never come across that in a game I played or owned so that thought never cross my mind but since you put it into perspective it makes a decent idea. Still, I would make take your idea a bit further and charge for the feature a percentage of the list price other wise its just another way to help inflate game currency. So dont take what I said as an insult to your work as I said it was a good idea I was just offering constructive feedback since I may use it but just tweak it out a bit. And plus it offers potential users a canvas to paint with.

I wasnt trying to have an attitude. I was just stating it like it is :P I dont see how it would help inflation considering its just money not changing hands from the mugs. Granted an option to take a percentage from the money if the user wishes it to be direct deposited is a good idea, that would take a little money out. Also the reason I didnt use regular bank deposits is because i have a cap on the bank, and I didnt feel like all the fuss of going through securing the cap.