MakeWebGames

Help me install ezRPG?

tom101uk

ok then can someone help me install the mccodes free script and make it look a lot better?

Thought Lite has instructions??

Anyways it is simple to install, but before i state how first thing i need to know, do you know what a database is, and where to find it on your hosting? If you answer NO, I can't be bothered to help, perhaps read up on mysql first before attempting such installation.

I suggest ezRPG over mccodes any day if you plan to program most of the game features yourself, but if you have the skills/knowledge to program you probably would figure out how to install it yourself...

What problems are you having when installing ezrpg? Did you read the readme.txt file? First you have to create the database you're going to use and add a database user to it. (I do this in cpanel, it's fairly simple) Then follow the instructions in that readme file:

Installation instructions:

1. Upload all files.

2. Give read/write permission to:

* config.php

* smarty/templates_c

3. Visit install.php in your browser and follow the instructions.

4. Delete install.php, login to your game!

If you have any specific problems, feel free to ask me, but you should try to follow the instructions first.

Oh I wouldn't use ezrpg, more holes than a standard mccodes script

I really ****ing dislike you.

You are so willing to discredit anything anyone else lay their hands on, yet I've never seen any script of yours; Well, that is, except from scratches of code here and there which I usually find quite overexerting anyway.

Developers don't usually lean towards complicated implementations, as it is in contrast towards the principles for which they follow, such as K.I.S.S. or D.R.Y.

I have personally worked on ezRPG-based project.

Although there is one specific area where vulnerabilities can be found, overall it's a solid engine.

I do realize that you're some sort of alias-whore as well, who keeps visiting this forum for reasons unknown to most.

I would really like to know what the **** you are doing here, if, according to your reasoning, you're so much better than everyone else?

You must either be so self-righteous thinking everyone loves your comments, or just so pathetic that you can't see you're a ****ing *******.

I really ****ing dislike you.

You are so willing to discredit anything anyone else lay their hands on, yet I've never seen any script of yours; Well, that is, except from scratches of code here and there which I usually find quite overexerting anyway.

Developers don't usually lean towards complicated implementations, as it is in contrast towards the principles for which they follow, such as K.I.S.S. or D.R.Y.

I have personally worked on ezRPG-based project.

Although there is one specific area where vulnerabilities can be found, overall it's a solid engine.

I do realize that you're some sort of alias-whore as well, who keeps visiting this forum for reasons unknown to most.

I would really like to know what the **** you are doing here, if, according to your reasoning, you're so much better than everyone else?

You must either be so self-righteous thinking everyone loves your comments, or just so pathetic that you can't see you're a ****ing *******.

I have you know Octarine is VERY well educated on security and knows more then the average person on this forum, he has shown his abilities over and over, it's not his fault you missed his points, and concepts... If he says it is unsecured, it IS!!

Why should he have to correct anything??? The publishers of that script should, he is a regular member on this forum like me and you. He comes on here to help, and he has helped many times then I can count, then you have... So be jealous all you want, it's not his fault you all make coding mistakes in security!! And he finds them, and states the logic behind them...

I have you know Octarine is VERY well educated on security and knows more then the average person on this forum, he has shown his abilities over and over, it's not his fault you missed his points, and concepts... If he says it is unsecured, it IS!!

Why should he have to correct anything??? The publishers of that script should, he is a regular member on this forum like me and you. He comes on here to help, and he has helped many times then I can count, then you have... So be jealous all you want, it's not his fault you all make coding mistakes in security!! And he finds them, and states the logic behind them...

*****, please.

Someone who is "very well educated" on a subject would be more likely to at least say what the "holes" are instead of just saying that they exist. Just saying they exist does not help anybody with anything... That's like if your car doesn't start and someone just says "It doesn't work." How is that going to help fix the problem?