MakeWebGames

Who is going to win?

W3Theory || Peter

Who is going to win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win?

• Mitt Romney
    • Barack Obama

Well, this is not a vote to see which candidate you like or which one you preferred, not to start an argument at all and I completely understand a good portion of the members are not from the US. However, in the US, it is 2 weeks before one of the biggest elections, in my life time at least. If anyone keeps track of what is going on, cast your vote on who you think will win the election.

I wonder why it should be one of the biggest elections in your life? I mean, it's like any other for me (non u.s.). I see why you u.s. guys see the 2 candidates differently as the european people, but I don't see how this election differ from the previous one for example.

As there are multiple legislation that come into full effect in the year 2013-2014 and multiple Supreme Court justices retiring. Whoever wins this election will have a lot on their shoulder: our frightening national debt, 4 Supreme Court justices to appoint, multiple legislation that they would either decline or sign, tax increase in the beginning of January 2013, military spending cuts, Medicare and Social Security dying out and being dry (so whoever is appointed must make the decision on what to do there). There are a lot of reasons why.

Personally I don't think Romney stands much of a chance.. Romney has yet to release any more of his tax returns. 2 years worth is not enough especially since none of his taxes show money made from his off shore accounts. He closed his off shore accounts just before beginning his run for presidency. He's yet to release any details of his plans. He says he's gonna do this and that but how? Give us details..

Now granted Obama has not done the greatest job, he took over from a war happy president. There is a lot lingering on this election. I for one am all for illegals getting their documents. They want the same thing every american wants and thats the American Dream.. Just like every other petty crime, make them pay a fine, make them pay for their application and allow them a chance to help make this country grow.. Obama is all for that how ever Romney isn't.

According to Romney if you make $250k a year or less your considered "Poor" yet he wants to tax the crap out of the "Poor" Oh and then he wanna change it up to "low income" .. If you watched the debates you would have caught on that he's calling the low income "POOR". The only people that are going to benefit from having Romney as president are the rich..

Personally I don't think Romney stands much of a chance.. Romney has yet to release any more of his tax returns. 2 years worth is not enough especially since none of his taxes show money made from his off shore accounts. He closed his off shore accounts just before beginning his run for presidency. He's yet to release any details of his plans. He says he's gonna do this and that but how? Give us details..

Now granted Obama has not done the greatest job, he took over from a war happy president. There is a lot lingering on this election. I for one am all for illegals getting their documents. They want the same thing every american wants and thats the American Dream.. Just like every other petty crime, make them pay a fine, make them pay for their application and allow them a chance to help make this country grow.. Obama is all for that how ever Romney isn't.

According to Romney if you make $250k a year or less your considered "Poor" yet he wants to tax the crap out of the "Poor" Oh and then he wanna change it up to "low income" .. If you watched the debates you would have caught on that he's calling the low income "POOR". The only people that are going to benefit from having Romney as president are the rich..

I'll have to say most of that is inaccurate.

Now I don't agree with what Romney says a lot, especially on foreign policy, both guys suck at that, so let's remove that from the discussion. And I might as well just add it in there, I have voted for Romney, though personally, I wanted Ron Paul. I voted for Romney, because Obama is an awful President and has one of the worse attitudes/personalities I have ever seen, I just do not like that guy. Bush was an awful President, too, so don't take me as a guy who just dislikes liberal presidents.

However, the main subject is about the economy, so let's focus on that. The economy and recession that was given to Obama wasn't the worst America has seen in a long time, there have been multiple incidents in which inflation and unemployment was worse than what they were in 2009. So for the people to say that he is trying, is just false. Four years to see a partial recovery running at a 1.5% increase is not even close, so how in the world did we just drop to 7.8% unemployment, when to even meet the standard level we need to be growing at a 2% level, not this 1.5%?

Alos, Romney does not want to tax the crap out of the 'Poor', where in the world does he say he wants to tax them? Because he doesn't want to tax the rich? If we are talking about the Bush Tax cuts, it's a tax shrink for everyone, Obama wants to raise the taxes on anyone making 250k and above, so say goodbye to a lot of small companies and jobs, as small businesses will have to pay higher taxes, as we should all know, most small companies pay taxes under an individual level. He doesn't want to raise taxes at all, the only people that are talking about taxing the 'poor' is Obama Campaign, but they can't shed one line of proof that Romney wants to do that. Not to mention ObamaCare, one of the worse legislation's to be put into place.

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

Also, Obama has no plan what so ever to fix Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare. His only thought was to add another program on top of the three that are about to burst.

The lesson to learn from history is that the government does not run efficient programs. That is why they need to stay out of it and let businesses do their job. When it comes down to it, we all have a choice to purchase something or not, so if we are not happy about it we don't buy it, we shouldn't be forced to contribute to a program we do not want or believe in.

The whole tax return thing is a joke. Let me tell you something, Romney taxes were handled by one of the big four firms for auditing/taxes/consulting/etc, PwC. If Romney was hiding his money away in a Swiss account the company would of spotted it, especially since he would of had to close them out and brought them over to the US. That right there would of sent off multiple red flags. People are just upset that he paid 14% in his income taxes, but why should he pay more? The source of income that he is getting taxed on is from investment, in which, that money already has been taxed TWICE. Why don't people also look at the amount he donated to charity? I don't think many people truly know who Romney is, but only takes the media word for it.

I'll have to say most of that is inaccurate.

Now I don't agree with what Romney says a lot, especially on foreign policy, both guys suck at that, so let's remove that from the discussion. And I might as well just add it in there, I have voted for Romney, though personally, I wanted Ron Paul. I voted for Romney, because Obama is an awful President and has one of the worse attitudes/personalities I have ever seen, I just do not like that guy. Bush was an awful President, too, so don't take me as a guy who just dislikes liberal presidents.

However, the main subject is about the economy, so let's focus on that. The economy and recession that was given to Obama wasn't the worst America has seen in a long time, there have been multiple incidents in which inflation and unemployment was worse than what they were in 2009. So for the people to say that he is trying, is just false. Four years to see a partial recovery running at a 1.5% increase is not even close, so how in the world did we just drop to 7.8% unemployment, when to even meet the standard level we need to be growing at a 2% level, not this 1.5%?

Alos, Romney does not want to tax the crap out of the 'Poor', where in the world does he say he wants to tax them? Because he doesn't want to tax the rich? If we are talking about the Bush Tax cuts, it's a tax shrink for everyone, Obama wants to raise the taxes on anyone making 250k and above, so say goodbye to a lot of small companies and jobs, as small businesses will have to pay higher taxes, as we should all know, most small companies pay taxes under an individual level. He doesn't want to raise taxes at all, the only people that are talking about taxing the 'poor' is Obama Campaign, but they can't shed one line of proof that Romney wants to do that. Not to mention ObamaCare, one of the worse legislation's to be put into place.

its obvious your miss informed. If you were paying attention to the debates you would have clearly hear Romney refer to the less fortunate as "poor" then correct him self and say "low income". Second of all why is he not releasing more of his tax returns? Because he's got more to hide than we know of. It took him 8 weeks to release his 2010 taxes. Do you wonder why? i'll explain. It takes 8 weeks to amend your taxes. I know cause i've had to do it my self. I do agree how ever that both of them suck on foreign policy.

You say Obama is awful well I have to disagree. He brought home all the brave men and woman from Iraq, The war which shouldn't have happened in the first place. All those American life's lost for what? Something that didn't exist? 3 weeks ago Romney said if elected he will keep troops in Afghanistan, Last debate he said he's willing to bring them home. Which one is it? The guy changes his mind like crazy. America don't need a flip flop president.

Lets talk about his 14% in taxes he paid and says "why should I pay more?" I'll tell you why. Your making 300 mil a year and you can't give back to that same country that allow's you to roam free? don't want to pay more into the country that allows you to practice your religion freely here? taking advantage of every loop hole he claims he's going to close? Come on seriously.. I pay more than 14% in taxas every year and i have 8 kids, not to mention my donations to the less fortunate Or the "poor" and Romney wants to call them. I could go on and on about this jerk off.

we can agree to disagree that if Romney is elected (which i'm sure he won't be) This country is screwed!!!

its obvious your miss informed. If you were paying attention to the debates you would have clearly hear Romney refer to the less fortunate as "poor" then correct him self and say "low income". Second of all why is he not releasing more of his tax returns? Because he's got more to hide than we know of. It took him 8 weeks to release his 2010 taxes. Do you wonder why? i'll explain. It takes 8 weeks to amend your taxes. I know cause i've had to do it my self. I do agree how ever that both of them suck on foreign policy.

You say Obama is awful well I have to disagree. He brought home all the brave men and woman from Iraq, The war which shouldn't have happened in the first place. All those American life's lost for what? Something that didn't exist? 3 weeks ago Romney said if elected he will keep troops in Afghanistan, Last debate he said he's willing to bring them home. Which one is it? The guy changes his mind like crazy. America don't need a flip flop president.

Lets talk about his 14% in taxes he paid and says "why should I pay more?" I'll tell you why. Your making 300 mil a year and you can't give back to that same country that allow's you to roam free? don't want to pay more into the country that allows you to practice your religion freely here? taking advantage of every loop hole he claims he's going to close? Come on seriously.. I pay more than 14% in taxas every year and i have 8 kids, not to mention my donations to the less fortunate Or the "poor" and Romney wants to call them. I could go on and on about this jerk off.

we can agree to disagree that if Romney is elected (which i'm sure he won't be) This country is screwed!!!

I am sorry you can't understand the basics of economics and our ridiculous complex tax system. I am going to leave it at that, as well no need to argue it anymore. Will be hard to change people's mind, as everyone sees things differently depending on what they read and what they know. I am not arguing that Romney is a perfect person or that his foreign policy is rock solid, I hate his foreign policy and Obama's foreign policy. Apparently you forgot about all the drone attacks that are done by Obama and the troops that he put back into certain countries. And in regards to this country being screwed up, Ms, this country is already screwed haha

And, yes, Obama is an awful president.