MakeWebGames

facebook website signup

grant

you will need to make a face book Developers page you can make it here https://developers.facebook.com/apps

make a file facebook.php

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

now add this in your register.php

at the top of the page just under include'..........';

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

add this next to your registration form

now make a page facebookreg.php

and add this in it if you dont use salted hash then you will need to remove the hash password and stuff and change the db table name

good luck getting it going as it took me over 2 weeks to get it to work

Do not post shoddy/incorrect implementations(that's prone to break) publicly.

shoddy/incorrect woks on mines so why is it shoddy/incorrect ? yes and dont tell me what to post and not what to post who the **** are you tell me what to post

• Like 1

shoddy/incorrect woks on mines so why is it shoddy/incorrect ? yes and dont tell me what to post and not what to post who the **** are you tell me what to post

Please don't start a war on the forums publicly. Personal message if you feel issues should be brought up.

Spud has stated that this version is prone to break, which is why it's "shoddy/incorrect".

However, I'd like to request that Spud supplies more evidence, rather than just a simple statement. I think this is "justifies" grant's response.

(Don't hate)

Please don't start a war on the forums publicly. Personal message if you feel issues should be brought up.

Spud has stated that this version is prone to break, which is why it's "shoddy/incorrect".

However, I'd like to request that Spud supplies more evidence, rather than just a simple statement. I think this is "justifies" grant's response.

(Don't hate)

i dont hate simple fact is he never says what was wrong just that its shoddy/incorrect how that going to help other users on this forum when you dont have users telling what wrong with the code apart from give them nasty comments i do my best to keep MWG with all the new stuff that i bring out for grpg but you get the users who just give nasty comments not that he helping any of the MWG users on the forums mabi the admin on this forum should make new rules about posting on the forum

Ah, damn it. What do *I* know what you don't already..

But if I may just point one question to you..

How does this integration actually work? That is, between your website and Facebook.

I'd be delighted to hear, since, apparently, I don't have a ****ing clue.

/rhetorical

It bums me out when people just take pre-created code and sticks it into other stuff, without even know how, or why it works.

It's obvious that this script is simply copied from Facebook's site, and not even implemented properly.

i.e.:

- Usernames that aren't longer than 20 characters, and that is, the user's RL name?

- Checking for a secure SSL connection? Don't bother, we *want* our information transmitted to everyone.

- Error messages? I will reverse engineer your script better than what you have programmed it.

Custom integrations require more advanced methods, such as in this case, the JS API.

And even then, the "Login" feature is what should be used. The whole damn point of a 3rd-party integration like this is to make work for the users less, not more.

This approach is just as good as hosting another registration form after your original, it serves no merit for the user other than giving you two methods in which to spam them.

And then, I'm not giving "nasty comments" about you, I'm giving "nasty comments" about your code.