MakeWebGames

FTP Upload is here

a_bertrand

As a good number of the votes said they was interested, I invested some time to do a ftp push tool:

http://www.nw-engine.com/index.php?c=ftp_upload

Basically, you provide your hostname, username, password, and then select the directory on which you want to upload the self installer. The tool do not delete files, and beside an optional directory creation it doesn't do anything else as uploading the depack.php file.

Now, even people which don't want to use an FTP or don't know how to use it (really, they should learn), can upload NWE. Is it all that useful? No, but it's just a little service we offer.

BTW FTP is not secure, as the password travels in plain text... Same on our web page, so it actually travel 2x. If you are scared about it, use sftp, yet we don't offer now an sftp upload service (I would need to check what are the requirement for the PHP library for it).

Of course the service is free, and you can use it even without license just to install the free version of the engine.

BTW FTP is not secure, as the password travels in plain text... Same on our web page, so it actually travel 2x. If you are scared about it, use sftp, yet we don't offer now an sftp upload service (I would need to check what are the requirement for the PHP library for it).

Just wanted to point it out again.

No offense to you though, a_bertrand.

What's the problem ?

FTP is perfectly acceptable for any number of solutions, including but by no means limited to well known blogging software and forums; why should it not be suitable here?

Just because your password is transmitted in clear-text does not mean that someone is sniffing your data-stream. The very fact that you logged on here to post without the use of SSL (which itself is highly suspect) means you are obviously not overly concerned by this or make the assumption that your password (at least here) is at best difficult to guess.

While I don't agree with the actual mechanism, I can see that it may well suit a number of people; it's a simple clean solution which requires very little prior knowledge to run and is "safe enough" given the task at hand.

I saw that function ruler, but it has a little issue... (And yes I know what it means!)

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function ssh2_connect()"

Basically the required package is not installed on my host. What I need to check is what's needed to make it run and if I'm able to do so without yet upgrading my system.

Anyhow I agree with Octarine. Having a plain text password is usually not a show stopper. You have it actually in most forums, or web games by the way. Also many here still use an FTP client (not sftp), so... the difference will be little to none.

Finally, the tool is here, use it or not, it's just another convenience tool for those which are super duper lazy. Yes I know some!