MakeWebGames

Techtiser ( Tech reviews & Previews )

ZERO

Techtiser.com is now my website and only after a couple of weeks since purchase i have gathered a few people who have volunteered to review games and add other content to the site. So if you are into Tech or Gaming then our site will be bringing you all the latest news in a couple of days . Our company is still looking for volunteers to show off their skills by either becoming a editor for the site or by joining us in a partnership and having a video of your gameplay or unboxing / review posted on our site every week.We have recieved many offers for this but we havnt yet found anyone with decent gaming skills who we can feature on our site or anyone that reviews / unboxes Tech so if you think you are the one then please send us a email @ [email protected] but please include a video link or a review you have written.

Thank you

~ Zero.

Why is it ONLY game reviews on your site? If someone wants game reviews, they will goto IGN or something. If you really want this kind of site to be successful, you need to write about topics that have not been written about much before, and topics that are not so widespread as game reviews.

The technology blog niche is by far the most crowded on the internet, so I suggest you really take some time when writing your articles to make sure they include good keywords, and also you do some serious link building for your site. That is the only chance you have of making your website pretty popular, but by the way it currently looks, you need to make BIG changes.

Good luck.

And copying "About 35,400" other websites' content directly to your website has you on Google's spam list.

Well done, idiot.

LOL. If you think your going to get any more than a couple of search engine visitors by doing this, in the most competitive market there is, then lol... It's hard enough trying to get decent traffic even when you have tonnes of high quality, original articles.

Thanks ruler , as for the others they are just test articles to see if everything is working such as the slider and comments etc , as i said in the original post we will start adding content in a couple of days so the only original piece on there as of now is the Max Payne review. I understand that there are many "BIG fish" such as IGN and Gamespot but for now we arnt looking to compete with them .There is only game content on the site because we were mainly testing the review system out and later videos and tech reviews etc will be added.

Thanks ruler , as for the others they are just test articles to see if everything is working such as the slider and comments etc , as i said in the original post we will start adding content in a couple of days so the only original piece on there as of now is the Max Payne review. I understand that there are many "BIG fish" such as IGN and Gamespot but for now we arnt looking to compete with them .There is only game content on the site because we were mainly testing the review system out and later videos and tech reviews etc will be added.

Wouldn't matter.

It's like this:

You commit a crime, and the court just issues a warning.

You then try to apply for the FBI, they look at your criminal record, and guess what turns up?

OR

You are arrested for a petty crime, but as they look at your history they label you as a repeat offender.

The list can go on.

The problem is that you have already committed a crime by publishing those articles publicly.

You will need to do a lot to be even considered a "reputable" website ever again.

Whilst I agree 100% with you Spud. If he removes the content and then works on his own content then its highly unlikely at this stage it would cause a problem.

Generally new websites take awhile for it to be registered on search engines and the content determined as good or bad. It would be a very good idea to remove it now rather than later.

Its going to take a lot more than 6 months. Probably more like 3-4 years of continuous work and original content for the site to even make ground on the other established sites. Good luck with that personally I wouldnt even bother.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the website : We have taken off the posts that were copied and pasted and now we have original content . We have a few highly detailed reviews of games for xbox 360 / pc / ps3 but now techtiser is going to review mmorpg games too .What are your thoughts on this ? , we have done one review for ( thugbattle ) and it can be found on our homepage easily because it is the first post . http://www.techtiser.com .

Our website has also made afew partners and we have recieved shout outs in youtube videos which should hopefully increase the traffic that the site is currently recieving.

An update on the website : We have taken off the posts that were copied and pasted and now we have original content . We have a few highly detailed reviews of games for xbox 360 / pc / ps3 but now techtiser is going to review mmorpg games too .What are your thoughts on this ? , we have done one review for ( thugbattle ) and it can be found on our homepage easily because it is the first post . www.techtiser.com .

Our website has also made afew partners and we have recieved shout outs in youtube videos which should hopefully increase the traffic that the site is currently recieving.

Within your article, you made a little error (it's thugbattle.com not .co.uk) ;)

As someone who's tried the whole review games, etc (and pretty much failed off the bat - those that know me, may remember GamerPlace.), I think your doing it wrong, you're asking us if we think the idea of reviewing mmorpgs is a good idea, when you should be looking at your audience (which I am assuming you do have), are they into the whole mmorpgs, do they want to read such reviews?

Now I'll also ask you this; can you actually provide these reviews of mmorpgs without alienating some of your readers?

As any (popular) review site as an example, they have writers and boy they have lots of them, therefore they can produce a wide variety of content, whereas you on the other hand have maybe 1 or two writers (didn't actually bother to look into this, again assuming).

So can you balance each of these categories, and provide high quality reviews day in day out? If you do try go all out and cover a wide range of topics, I can almost guarantee you will end up just playing to a select few of your readers, whilst the rest that don't want to read reviews on x category are left waiting for the ones they do want to read and subsequently lose interest and move to a different review site, and there is a lot to choose from.

(I think I'm helping here, but it's very early in the morning so I may just be spurting out any random crap)

Yeh , i think i understand what your saying..., we have 5 writers in total and judging from what i think you are trying to get accross to me i get the idea that i shouldnt do anymore mmorpg reviews but i should focus on the main topics that my viewers would like to read about.What i will do is stall the mmorpg reviews for now and continue when we have more writers for Techtiser.

Thanks DJK for the help.

P.s Thanks for pointing out the error i have edited the article.

Yay, glad my ramblings amounted to something.

Like I say, if your target audience is generally mmorpg players, then sure do it.

If not, then perhaps just stick to the big releases across platforms and such (can include mmorpgs from time to time).

Then as time progresses and you build up a team, then perhaps start thinking about expanding the range of topics you cover.

Either way, whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck.