MakeWebGames

Coming Soon - ezRPG 1.1.0

JakeB

Alright, I have started development on the next minor version of ezRPG, 1.1.0, it will be featuring quite a few new features such as:

- Multplei language system (allow users to choose their language)

- Ability to change character encoding through AdminCP

- A settings module that will allow you to easily create/delete/change settings and settings groups

- Using a session cookie for the messages instead of the nasty url string

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to post them, and they will be considered for development.

NOTE: To keep to being an engine, and not a premade game, there will be no game-specific features added, sorry.

- You could update Smarty to it's latest version

- Proper password hashing (use a library such as http://www.openwall.com/phpass/)

- User roles (groups) guest, standard user, member, moderator, etcetera instead of the "rank" 1-10.

Finally, when can we expect this update?

I'd imagine, the second would have to be created as addon rather than update.

Password lib; good idea, yet not really a plausible solution for games already established, that have a significant user base.

Smarty update - Also probably a good idea, and probably not much of a problem to edit your game, (if you haven't already) in case of significant changes (IDK) may be a little more tricky.

Third: well I've just no clue.

It's easy enough to say, do this; yet when you have to think of the users of the engine, it becomes a little more tricky what you can add, without breaking something for existing users of the engine.

As I see some of these 'updates' (OP) were previously suggested, I can safely bet, he's passed up on the a couple of them due to this very reason.

Edited by Djkanna
EDIT: Trying my best not to come off as a prick...

I'd imagine, the second would have to be created as addon rather than update.

Password lib; good idea, yet not really a plausible solution for games already established, that have a significant user base.

Smarty update - Also probably a good idea, and probably not much of a problem to edit your game, (if you haven't already) in case of significant changes (IDK) may be a little more tricky.

Third: well I've just no clue.

It's easy enough to say, do this; yet when you have to think of the users of the engine, it becomes a little more tricky what you can add, without breaking something for existing users of the engine.

As I see some of these 'updates' (OP) were previously suggested, I can safely bet, he's passed up on the a couple of them due to this very reason.

You could Force the user to change password , tell its an essential update

I believe there is no big, so it should be ok to update.

Google Acl.

@ROZ There are a few more things i have planned in the future of ezRPG

@Aventro missed your last question, right now there is no time planned for this to be done, I really don't have that much free time right now, so it could be a few days to a couple weeks depending on when i get a chance to work on it, sorry i can't provide a more definate timeline.

Some other ideas i thought of are probably going to be to hard to impliment without breaking currently running games, so i may have to version it as 2.0 to make it clear that it's only intended for fresh installs :S

Edited by booher

• 8 months later...