MakeWebGames

What's next

a_bertrand

Just to keep you informed of the development which is going on:

- The wizard for the condition / action will be further expanded to accept UserVariables

- The clans is coming in, and even if at first it will be a bit basic, it will be modular as well which means you will be able to add clans features yourself by defining yet a new module.

- We do plan to have NPC dialogs with conditions and actions which could be used to really setup a story which can trigger actions like quests / missions and more. I don't know yet if this will be in the next release.

- NPC shops will have conditions such that only if you meet a given condition it appears.

- Explorations will be improved with graphics.

- Added an "add / remove stat" from the admin menu.

- Password recovery has been implemented

- Potions to reduce hospital time has been coded in.

- Fixed a bug with the installer which wasn't creating the tables if a module was disabled during the installation.

I plan to have a new release by the end of this week or maybe next week. Depends on when it's ready.

After this release, I may work on a location module (to help Sporto but could be useful to others as well), and to improve a couple of existing modules.

For those wondering how the sales are going, beside the fact I will not give any numbers out, I will just say that sales are progressing and are not stopping. So more and more people are actually having a license of NWE. We (illusions and me) are also working on a full game based on NWE, for a couple of reasons, one being to be sure that the engine can be used for a game and allows me to see what's missing to make a game with the engine, and maybe to come out with a full package which would be a ready to be played game (as some of you requested). Yet it may take some times before we give it out as we want to make things nice (at least at the game level) before we open it to the public.

Also improved the in game profiler. Now shows all the timings from the nearly top row of the code, till nearly the last one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370[/ATTACH]

Of course this is an admin only tool and can be enabled / disabled.

The idea here is to show where the engine takes time (currently you see it's mainly the first lib includes and the queries which are consumers). That should help you to understand how to optimize your game later on (if needed).

profiler.png.41b8b4d9cb8c4c0f2ff7042712da6566.png

Also improved the in game profiler. Now shows all the timings from the nearly top row of the code, till nearly the last one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370[/ATTACH]

Of course this is an admin only tool and can be enabled / disabled.

The idea here is to show where the engine takes time (currently you see it's mainly the first lib includes and the queries which are consumers). That should help you to understand how to optimize your game later on (if needed).

heh, considering the earlier screenshot... almost 30% less, if my memory is not tricking me! :)

HTTP cache has been implemented. You will be able to enable / disable it from the admin menu. The goal of this is to let the browser cache all the static content (js, css, images) by adding the right headers to the response. I have to make some security checks with this to ensure we don't open security holes but beside that we should be up and running with the cache which should reduce server loads yet again.