MakeWebGames

Investing in Quality Game/s

Kieran-R

I am looking to invest in new, or even already old games. I would not be looking to buy the whole lot, only (around) 50% of a game.

I am an experienced game owner, so I could help quite a bit, however I would be expecting the original owner/developer to take full control of most things to do with the game.

I am ONLY looking to invest in very high quality games, with lots of potential; so if you are going to come to me with an out of the box mccodes game or something, don't waste your time. You must be very serious about your game for me to consider investing. I can invest anything upto $15,000, however, DO NOT expect that amount automatically. I would be happy to invest $500+ if I see a game has the potential.

Let me know if you would be interested in partnering with me. I can provide the investment you require if your game really does have what it takes. Mail me!

Cheers!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat unsure about this offer of yours. Basically you will provide some money to game owners in exchange of a 50% of game share? Which means you will be willing to invest between 500 and 15000$ for this. My questions:

- What guarantees you will get that you will actually ever get back your investment?

- How your investment shall be used?

- Will you have your word to say in any decision (or just wait for money back)?

- Must the game meet some minimum requirements?

- Is there any kind of contract to sign?

- How will you make the payment?

- What will be your job beside providing some fresh money?

Well maybe I'm a bit suspicious, but somebody saying he will give up to 15000$ for basically nothing it seems odd.

I'm somewhat unsure about this offer of yours. Basically you will provide some money to game owners in exchange of a 50% of game share? Which means you will be willing to invest between 500 and 15000$ for this. My questions:

- What guarantees you will get that you will actually ever get back your investment?

Well maybe I'm a bit suspicious, but somebody saying he will give up to 15000$ for basically nothing it seems odd.

There is no guarantees. Thats for me to judge. If I see a game with a large amount of potential, and I believe I can make my investment back, then I will invest. If I don't believe I will get my investment back, I won't invest. Simple.

That would be something I would have to discuss with the game owner. It could go towards things such as templates, advertising, marketing, designs, ect...

Ultimately, it will still be the original game owner that makes all the decisions. However, by investing I would like to put my ideas towards the game, and try and assist in any ideas ect.

I would like to say a 'custom game' (eg, not mccodes) however I have seen some very good engine games before, so I don't 'really mind'. My main requirments would be that the game is different, mostly all unique features, and that the game owner takes it very seriously (eg, it's not just a hobby game).

Yes, there would be a contract to sign, like any investment. All that ensures is I get the agreed % of profits, and the original game owner doesn't fob me off.

Bank wire, or PayPal. But I prefer bank wire. However, I wouldn't like to send the money in a lump sum. I would rather provide it in batches as it is required.

As I have said before, it would still be upto the original game owner to make sure everything is going good. The only job i would have is mabe logging into the game every now and then, and dealing with minor things. Other than helping out with ideas/coding, that's about it.

I understand if you are suspicious, truly. But I am not just going to hand out $15,000. I am only going to invest in very good quality games, nothing scrappy. I would make a game myself, but I really just don't have the time to create and manage it, I have several other projects.

I have a game using GRPG, but i have re made full layout, and re designed the login/register/lost password pages, looks good and in my last thread is a PS of my layout up to now, PM me please kieran.

Mail me with your game details ect. Your game would have to be super highly modified from original grpg for me to even consider it at all.

By the way, I am more looking to invest in games that haven't yet been released, I would much prefer that.

My game has not yet been released its still being coded as I am re styling everything check my last thread so you can see what I have done for it so far and then tell me of it had potential as everyone who has seen it has Said it looks amazing.

I've had a look at your game, and it is not really what I am looking for, sorry. It just looks like the 100s of other grpg games out there with a little different template.

If I understood it all correctly....

You would invest but the game owner has to do the work and you will put in suggestions to what the template/mods/game play should be like and do the odd bit of coding.

However you have failed to mention....

What percentage profit are you looking on your investment. As with all investments you do not make them without getting your money back and then some.

At the end of the day it sounds like your trying to get a hefty return on your investment for doing very little. Good luck with it though.

If I understood it all correctly....

You would invest but the game owner has to do the work and you will put in suggestions to what the template/mods/game play should be like and do the odd bit of coding.

However you have failed to mention....

What percentage profit are you looking on your investment. As with all investments you do not make them without getting your money back and then some.

At the end of the day it sounds like your trying to get a hefty return on your investment for doing very little. Good luck with it though.

"I would not be looking to buy the whole lot, only (around) 50% of a game."

That means 50% of profits goto me.

A few things to make clear, if you're serious about this.

Define "originality."

Every game that pops onto the market thinks they're original, especially if it's not another mafia game. Go into some detail regarding "unique features." As you're on a primarily MC-based forum, it's unlikely you'll find many with features outside the normal range of options that keep re-popping up around here. If, say, I had races in my game, and each race could only attack different races, would that be original enough? Or, are you looking for something that, literally, has never been implemented before? If so, I believe you'll be hard-pressed to find such a game.

What exactly makes this "contract" legitimate?

Is there a process of faxing back and forth, including notarization? Or, are you relying on some sort of e-signature? If a dispute arises, how will the "court," if involved, know who owns the original copy of said contract?

Lay out your investment areas.

As it's said before, are you looking specifically to push a percentage into each area, where area is defined as marketing, design, content-writing, etc.? Or, is it literally up to the game owner to decide where the money goes?

Not trying to be rude. But, if this is serious, I'm sure there are plenty who are willing to accept your money. Can't say I wouldn't be one of them. Just looking to clear some things up.

A few things to make clear, if you're serious about this.

Define "originality."

Every game that pops onto the market thinks they're original, especially if it's not another mafia game. Go into some detail regarding "unique features." As you're on a primarily MC-based forum, it's unlikely you'll find many with features outside the normal range of options that keep re-popping up around here. If, say, I had races in my game, and each race could only attack different races, would that be original enough? Or, are you looking for something that, literally, has never been implemented before? If so, I believe you'll be hard-pressed to find such a game.

What exactly makes this "contract" legitimate?

Is there a process of faxing back and forth, including notarization? Or, are you relying on some sort of e-signature? If a dispute arises, how will the "court," if involved, know who owns the original copy of said contract?

Lay out your investment areas.

As it's said before, are you looking specifically to push a percentage into each area, where area is defined as marketing, design, content-writing, etc.? Or, is it literally up to the game owner to decide where the money goes?

Not trying to be rude. But, if this is serious, I'm sure there are plenty who are willing to accept your money. Can't say I wouldn't be one of them. Just looking to clear some things up.

I'm not setting specific requirements on what I class as original. If *I* think it is original, then that is good enough. A game doesn't have to meet a specific criteria exactly.

Once/If I want to invest and a contract is arranged, then I will take it from there. If a dispute arises, then it will be a legal route. If you want to know more about that, then go contact a court or something, im not your man ;) There's no point me going into detail about what would happen if a problem arises, because I am assuming a problem wouldnt arise.

Where the money goes would be discussed with the original game owner. Theres no point me setting out exact terms of what the money would be spent on in this thread...

Honestly, this thread is just to get people to come forward. All the other terms and legal stuff would be agreed on once a deal has been made.

Again, "out of the box" seems very vague. You can add any number of features, and it will still look "out of the box," as that's the nature of using a current engine.

Seems like, for that amount of money, hire someone to make you a shiny, new engine, and there will be a lot less confusion.

Again, "out of the box" seems very vague. You can add any number of features, and it will still look "out of the box," as that's the nature of using a current engine.

Seems like, for that amount of money, hire someone to make you a shiny, new engine, and there will be a lot less confusion.

What do you want exactly; do you want me to add a big list of features your game must have? Because that's not going to happen.

Lets put it this way, if you really are not sure whether or not your game is unique or not, then it probably is not in my eyes.

You seem to be the only one who is confused to what I am offering. I am looking to invest in unique games with lots of potential. I have no set definition of 'unique'...

Edited by Kieran-R

What do you want exactly; do you want me to add a big list of features your game must have? Because that's not going to happen.

Lets put it this way, if you really are not sure whether or not your game is unique or not, then it probably is not in my eyes.

You seem to be the only one who is confused to what I am offering. I am looking to invest in unique games with lots of potential. I have no set definition of 'unique'...

I never said I was confused. It just seems, so far, all you're doing is saying no to everyone, by your own admission. Perhaps you'd stop getting pointless requests if you were more clear about what you're looking for.

Just trying to aid in the "investment opportunity" process.

Criticism applies to everything. "Your" definition of one thing may not match another's. It helps to explain what YOUR definition is.

So you are willing to invest up to $15,000 right?

You could probably get a fully custom game engine made for around $5,000, maybe a bit more, but still. This would leave you with around $8000-$10,000 to still play around with. This is a huge amount, let's say you pay someone $500 for a custom layout. The rest of that money could be spent on advertising, you could get a hell of a lot of users signing up and probably in the long term make more money than most of the games you are wanting to invest in. I say move away from this, and try to get your own game started. I can see a lot of potential if you spend that $15,000 wisely.

I wish I had $15,000 to play around with ;)

So you are willing to invest up to $15,000 right?

You could probably get a fully custom game engine made for around $5,000, maybe a bit more, but still. This would leave you with around $8000-$10,000 to still play around with. This is a huge amount, let's say you pay someone $500 for a custom layout. The rest of that money could be spent on advertising, you could get a hell of a lot of users signing up and probably in the long term make more money than most of the games you are wanting to invest in. I say move away from this, and try to get your own game started. I can see a lot of potential if you spend that $15,000 wisely.

I wish I had $15,000 to play around with ;)

Money isn't everything ;), I started with £10 and made £100 in the first 2 days with little advertising, if your a good programmer then the game you make has a high chance, if you jsut buy your way to "victory" then there is no real accomplishment, I PM'ed you anyway a current project.

Yes, it isn't everything, but it certainly helps. I also started a game with no more than £10 and made about £800 in total after about 5-6 months, with no advertising. What I am saying however, is that the process of getting people to sign up to your game can multiplied HUGELY, and you will get results much more instantaneously if you use it well. Also, a lot of people, and I'm sure the OP has no intention of gaining accomplishment, he is just looking to make some good ol' hard cash. From that looks of things, that is what most people set out to achieve when they start a game, most of them soon realise it actually takes some WORK and then give up after about 2 weeks. Then we see another game they are starting 2 weeks later and it just ends up turning into a never-ending cycle.

Money isn't everything, but having the comfort of a nice financial backing will CERTAINLY take you far and get you noticed over someone who doesn't.

Yes, it isn't everything, but it certainly helps. I also started a game with no more than £10 and made about £800 in total after about 5-6 months, with no advertising. What I am saying however, is that the process of getting people to sign up to your game can multiplied HUGELY, and you will get results much more instantaneously if you use it well. Also, a lot of people, and I'm sure the OP has no intention of gaining accomplishment, he is just looking to make some good ol' hard cash. From that looks of things, that is what most people set out to achieve when they start a game, most of them soon realise it actually takes some WORK and then give up after about 2 weeks. Then we see another game they are starting 2 weeks later and it just ends up turning into a never-ending cycle.

Money isn't everything, but having the comfort of a nice financial backing will CERTAINLY take you far and get you noticed over someone who doesn't.

I agree a financial backing is good, shame, the best games are the ones started without even thinking of money, I started as a hobby and to be honest I would never start a game just for the money ;), but hey that's just me.