MakeWebGames

Battlefield 3

Arson

Battlefield 3 is **** on PS3/Xbox. I played it on the PS3 for a while, then played it on the PC. It is 100000000x better on the PC, honestly. If your PC can handle it, play it on that for sure.

TOTALLY disagree I only have BF3 on PC and i have to say i hated it hence the expresiion (hated) ive been a big fan of the bf series for a long time. and wasnt amused when the server crashed continously or you were booted out of game for no apparent reason which lost any points gained in that round.

Graphically its amazing i cant deny that the feel of the game is excellent. I just felt so much grief when being kicked or booted from severs due to technicalaties...

If you have a computer that can handle it, yeah, your best bet would be the PC version. FPS's are always better with a mouse and keyboard!

However my PC at the moment couldn't handle BF3, so I settled for the 360 version. Once you get use to the sticks its just as easy as the mouse and keyboard. And its SO much better for flying, which is my thing. I f***in love me some attack helicopters and jets.

I don't see how anyone can say "COD is better than BF3", when BF3 has the same mechanics as COD (as far as being a ground troop anyway), with WAY BIGGER maps, and most of all vehicles. Jeeps, Tanks, 4 different Helicopters and 3 different Jets...so far.

One of my biggest sources of hatred for the COD series is well, the series...I mean come on, they release a new call of duty every 6-8 months now, and since COD4 they have all been the SAME! Yeah they have new maps and new character skins, and new killstreak rewards (sometimes just differently named).. This a community of game creators, surely you see what little effort goes in to a "new" COD release.

On the other hand you have Battlefield, their first game (Battlefield 1942) was in 1992 I believe. They have a good 20 years under their belt with the BF series. They take at least 5 years to release a new Battlefield game, plus they release new expansion packs (more than just map packs like cod, bf expansions have new maps, weapons, and vehicles) every 4-6 months. They've already released one bad ass pack and they are about to release another in June.

Battlefield is a game of quality, skill, and strategy. Big maps make for several strategic options while the selection of vehicles offers many methods of carrying out your strategy. Coupled with the ability to choose your spawn point (you can spawn at a random spot in a base your team holds, on a squad mate, or in a team vehicle). Battlefield makes for more than just running around tiny enclosed maps seeing how many kills you can get. However, even with the big maps most of the people running around tend to congregate in one area of the map for the most part, so those of you that like mindless reflex shooters can still enjoy that aspect of the game.

Most of you COD players that barely give BF3 a ten minute chance before saying, "Fk this" and starting COD back up are just pissed cause you weren't instantly raping people with your COD skills.

The impact prediction is slightly different, the bullets drop, recoil is more realistic. Give BF3 a real chance and you'll find you can be back to raping faces after a few hours of gameplay. Sometimes you just gotta find what you're good at. Sometimes running around like Rambo is bad in Battlefield just like it would be bad in real life.

Most of you COD players that barely give BF3 a ten minute chance before saying, "Fk this" and starting COD back up are just pissed cause you weren't instantly raping people with your COD skills.

The impact prediction is slightly different, the bullets drop, recoil is more realistic. Give BF3 a real chance and you'll find you can be back to raping faces after a few hours of gameplay. Sometimes you just gotta find what you're good at. Sometimes running around like Rambo is bad in Battlefield just like it would be bad in real life.

I like both cod and bf3 , i prefer bf3 due to better graphics , bigger maps , better hit detction , less campers , longer matches , love the knife animations and being able to fly the jets and drive around etc , and i like black ops because of zombies :D

Edited by mixmaster

I gave up on cod since right after B.O. There is nothing but spawn campers, glitch exploits, and cheaters. It takes no skill to to win matches thats why I prefer bf3. Its more realistic in terms of a video game warfare and more team oriented. As long as you have a half decent squad your team has a better chance of winning. And you cant beat the 25 minute matches where up until the end its anyones match. Its a shame this is a Xbox thread cause then id bring up MAG on ps3 talk about big teams 256 players in one match and its like bf2 on the PC with squad leaders and commanders with artillery strike package drops and all that jazz

I prefer the constant-action of COD, and battlefield doesn't have zombies.

You hit the nail on the head.

I too like the constant action of cod. (I am kind of an impatient person. Which also means I like to run and gun and constantly be in the action.)

I do sometimes play bf though. When I feel like I wanna drive or shoot form a tank or helicopter I will play bf3. If I feel like I want to do some sniping, and I do love sniping, I will play bf3. But if I want constant action, which I prefer over anything, I will play cod.

I experience constant action when I play battlefield 3..if youre just driving/flying around aimlessly you won't. You just have to know where everything is, there are points in every map that are high traffic and there are points that are low. Like with any fps you just have to learn the map to know where people go, and where you need to go.

Besides that Im talking conquest. Which is a form of capture the flag.

There are a few close quarters maps out there that offer your constant run and gun action in conquest. Team Deathmatch, which is what everyone plays in cod, is comprised of all close quarters maps in Bf3. The expansion they are releasing in June is called "Close Quarters", so Im sure that will provide you with even more.

Another reason I like battlefield is how teamwork oriented the game is. You can spawn on squad members, in multi seated vehicles, etc.

Itd be cool to find a couple people to squad up with regularly and get a good strategy going.

Ive always wanted to try my hand in a league game or two. Could win some real money.

I am a cod fan not a hater of bf and i have completed more than half the bf3 game and i think all the cod fans or people who started playing FPS would like COD more than bf and if bf fans play COD they will surely go for COD(Most of them)

If people play bf3 they realize that it is COD with bigger maps, better weapons, more upgrades, and vehicles galore.

I dont see how its even a contest.

If people play bf3 they realize that it is COD with bigger maps, better weapons, more upgrades, and vehicles galore.

I dont see how its even a contest.

I know people that have both games and some of them preferer black ops just because it's easier , i guess it is just a case of personal preference

I know people that have both games and some of them preferer black ops just because it's easier , i guess it is just a case of personal preference

I know a coouple people like that. Spend days on end playing cod, but give up on battlefield after an hour because its "too complicated". ie they suck at battlefield and only want to play games they are already good at.

I gave up on cod since right after B.O. There is nothing but spawn campers, glitch exploits, and cheaters. It takes no skill to to win matches thats why I prefer bf3. Its more realistic in terms of a video game warfare and more team oriented. As long as you have a half decent squad your team has a better chance of winning. And you cant beat the 25 minute matches where up until the end its anyones match. Its a shame this is a Xbox thread cause then id bring up MAG on ps3 talk about big teams 256 players in one match and its like bf2 on the PC with squad leaders and commanders with artillery strike package drops and all that jazz

Mag is pretty sweet.

It would be nice if battlefield had more than 24 slots per server.

• 1 month later...
Mag is pretty sweet.

It would be nice if battlefield had more than 24 slots per server.

I know its like a 2 month old thread but i would like to give my opinions on this subject.

The xbox 360 cannot handle more than 34 players and battlefield with its excellent graphics would have to be dimmed down alot to support more players , if you compare the graphics of mag and the graphics of bf then you can tell the difference.

Someone on this thread * i think prototype* said that if you started off with cod you will like cod but i disagree , i played cod and started off with waw then i went to cod 4 and hands down i would say that is the best game in the series , then i went to cod mw2 and then black ops but after this i just lost intrest and went over to the battlefield games after someone reccomended it to me . Well i have to say only 1 thing Bf3 beats call of duty hands down . I used to like it and i would be happy buying both the games but seriously bo2 whats next ? call of duty Mw4 ? then blo3 and mw5 ?