MakeWebGames

hosting in europe

adivirus

I own a dedicated server for some years in germany/europe for my games. I`m also selling hosting to friends or to who needs a faster server in europe with no overloads.

the server is an i7-2600 with 16Gb RAM and HDD in RAID1 .. i`m also offering daily backups.

Please note that the entire server has only a few accounts, that means.. no overloads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

System stability due to multiple redundant upstreams:

80 GBit/s DE-CIX

30 GBit/s Noris Network

20 GBit/s Deutsche Telekom

(German Telecom)

20 GBit/s Init7

10 GBit/s LambdaNet

10 GBit/s Global Crossing

10 GBit/s Aixit

10 GBit/s TeliaSonera

20 GBit/s Level3

10 GBit/s KPN

10 GBit/s N-IX

10 GBit/s AMS-IX

----------------------

here i put some of my shared plans if someone if interested :) .. also reseller hosting is available if interested... cheers ;)

Starter Plan - 49.99€/year

Disk Space: 8 GB - RAID1

Premium Bandwidth: 80 GB

Email Accounts: Unlimited

Addons Domains: 2

Mysql database: Unlimited

Daily/Weekly/Monthly Backups

Copper Plan - 7.99€/month

Disk Space: 20 GB - RAID1

Premium Bandwidth: 200 GB

Addons Domains: Unlimited

Mysql database: 50

Ftp Accounts: 50

Silver Plan - 10.99€/month

Disk Space: 40 GB - RAID1

Premium Bandwidth: 400 GB

Ftp Accounts: Unlimited

Gold Plan - 15.99€/month

Disk Space: 80 GB - RAID1

Premium Bandwidth: 800 GB

Platinum Plan - 20.99€/month

Disk Space: 100 GB - RAID1

Premium Bandwidth: 1000 GB

Hosted at www.hetzner.de which is quite a good dc.

Its where I have my own servers.

Fail to see how you can offer accounts with 1000GB bandwidth though without mentioning the port restriction ;)

Hetzner has a branch in ZA too(www.hetzner.co.za), I've used them for clients' websites.

I don't love their hKonsole control panel to be honest with you, but they're service is excellent.

Three downsids to Hetzner:

- Price, and I mean geessh, it's not a lot of features for so moola.

- Support, fast to respond, but they think everyone is an idiot.

- Billing, they are terrible at it.

Things I love about them(to be fair):

- /64 IPv6 subnet

Oh, 1TB transfer is fair use.

Every second hosted server runs on it.

Price I would disagree with. I dont think you can get the same server spec for the same price in most of the US datacenters.

The console does what its supposed to. Not sure if they console for za is the same as they use at the de but it does what you need it to. Reboots, OS installs, Backups, DNS, monitoring, ips including ipv6.

At the de 1TB is fair use but after the first 1000 if you do not pay for the port they restrict it down to a 10mb port.

The support did for awhile treat me like an idiot. But after teaching them a few things then the respect is now in place :D

The support did for awhile treat me like an idiot. But after teaching them a few things then the respect is now in place :D

+1

I think the prices here are just that high because it's local bandwidth.

Unless you use int. servers, you are going to have to require international bandwidth which is quite a sum of money: ~6EUR for 1GB, and that's not even at competitive ranges.

Price I would disagree with. I dont think you can get the same server spec for the same price in most of the US datacenters.

The console does what its supposed to. Not sure if they console for za is the same as they use at the de but it does what you need it to. Reboots, OS installs, Backups, DNS, monitoring, ips including ipv6.

At the de 1TB is fair use but after the first 1000 if you do not pay for the port they restrict it down to a 10mb port.

:) lol, i never had problems with them.. network is great, as for support.. i don`t need them .. everything runs smoothly

and i don`t know what servers do u had with them and what did they offered in the past.. for my current server only after 10 TB they limit at 10mb port ;)

///

*There are no charges for overage. We will permanently restrict the connection speed to 10 MBit/s if more than 10,000 GB/month are used (the basis for calculation is for outgoing traffic only. Incoming and internal traffic is not calculated). 100 MBit/s speed can be optionally restored by committing to pay 6,90 € (incl. VAT) per additional TB used.

///

i have an ex-line server :)

Edited by adivirus

:) lol, i never had problems with them.. network is great, as for support.. i don`t need them .. everything runs smoothly

and i don`t know what servers do u had with them and what did they offered in the past.. for my current server only after 10 TB they limit at 10mb port ;)

///

*There are no charges for overage. We will permanently restrict the connection speed to 10 MBit/s if more than 10,000 GB/month are used (the basis for calculation is for outgoing traffic only. Incoming and internal traffic is not calculated). 100 MBit/s speed can be optionally restored by committing to pay 6,90 € (incl. VAT) per additional TB used.

///

i have an ex-line server :)

The X4(which you have) looks like appropriate specs for a small hosting site.

The only thing I'd be concerned of is IPv4 allocation, as you only get one.

I'd suggest you allocate at the very least a /29(6 IPs), and switch them between clients.

Although IPv6 /64 is good all in all, it's not very usable at this point in time. Most ISPs haven't implemented IPv6 yet, so you can not rely on it solely. Dual IP stacks are fine though.

:)

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Quadcore

incl. Hyper-Threading Technology

RAM 16 GB DDR3 RAM

Hard disks 2 x 3 TB SATA 6 Gb/s HDD

7200 rpm (Software-RAID 1)

this is for a small hosting site? :) anyway.. thanks for the IPv4 info ;)

Yes. That's also the specs of most graphic designers' workstations.

Hosting companies use performance hardware, like multiple(not dual/quad core, actually more than one CPU) extremely fast CPUs, hot swappable SCSI disks with hardware RAID, and uber fast ECC memory.

:) that`s enough for what i need, and it`s also enough to have some friends hosted (the server runs very fast).. as this is not my base activity :P .. i`m doing more cash from adsense and games than hosting.. :D

it`s also good for start.. and i if i will have hundreds of clients i will think to upgrade to multiple nehalem or new generation of xeon 12 cores cpu`s.. hehe.. it`s not worth the upgrade for now :P ..

imagine that i have friends selling hosting using a VPS.. =)

thanks for u`r advices ;)

I run the ex6 and 8 servers. Xeon based with ECC ram which provides better stability.

The one thing I do like about them is when they introduce new server lines and therefore adjust the pricing they give you options for your current server to either upgrade or reduce the amount your paying. Ive been with a lot of dc's/server companies and not one of them has ever done such a thing.

Great! .. i didnt know that :P .. and about the IPv4 .. how did u convinced them to assign to you new ips ? they said that they don`t give ip`s if u need them for resellers.. clients.. and such reasons because it`s against RIPE .. and there is an IP crisis .. LOL. they only give for technical reasons :D

You shouldnt get allocated them if you say its for dns. There is no reason why you need them for that.

:) they won`t give u multipe ip`s for nameservers.. they say 1 is enough.. the server runs with 1 ip on ns1 and ns2 ..

this is their answer

"

> > > Hello,

> > >

> > > as I'm sure you know there is a shortage of IPv4 addresses. This means we are

> > > under strict rules from RIPE for allocating additional IPs.

> > > If you don't have a valid technical reason for needing an IP then I'm afraid we

> > > cannot give it to you.

> > > Of course it's easier to have your reselling account on a separate IP, and

to have

> > > a separate IP for a second nameserver, but technically that is not

necessary, and

> > > so for the RIPE it is seen as wasting IPs.

"

:) they won`t give u multipe ip`s for nameservers.. they say 1 is enough.. the server runs with 1 ip on ns1 and ns2 ..

this is their answer

"

> > > Hello,

> > >

> > > as I'm sure you know there is a shortage of IPv4 addresses. This means we are

> > > under strict rules from RIPE for allocating additional IPs.

> > > If you don't have a valid technical reason for needing an IP then I'm afraid we

> > > cannot give it to you.

> > > Of course it's easier to have your reselling account on a separate IP, and

to have

> > > a separate IP for a second nameserver, but technically that is not

necessary, and

> > > so for the RIPE it is seen as wasting IPs.

"

Sorry, but that's bull****.

Who on earth runs multiple DNS nameservers with the same IP address.

It doesn't make sense, you can just as well have one nameserver then.

It is HIGHLY recommended to use multiple IPs, and that they aren't on the same network.

My domain registry requires at least two nameservers, and they can't even be on the same C class.

Luckily I use a distributed DNS service(4 continents). But, at least my host understands why I need my IPs for public/private.

Oh, and FYI, there are no more IPv4s to be deployed, there isn't a shortage, there's none left, period.

Your host needs to grasp the technical side of a "server".

I'd be going nuts at my host if they responded with something like that to me.

well.. i`m going nuts too .. :) i will insist .. i had multiple hosts at different companies.. and everyone understood that and they gave me how many ip`s i was needed.. this is the first company telling this to me.. that`s why i dont understand.. the RIPE allocation sh|t that they are telling me about.. :|

Most registrars dropped the requirement of having two IP's in different blocks a long time ago as it was just not possible to keep the requirement due to the shortage of IP's

Technically 1 ip and 1 nameserver is enough for domain resolution. The reason why you are asked to specify two nameservers is for redundancy even if they are just pointing to the same server and on the same subnet.

However if you think about it. Unless your going to run a outside DNS service then all your IP's and DNS is going to resolve to the server. So if anything goes wrong with that server then both nameservers would be down anyway!! You can create as many nameservers as you wish and share the 1 IP.

Bearing in mind what ive mentioned above your much better using your registrars dns as it would provide much better redundancy. Or a round robin service.